Do I leave the Easter eggs in my cart or must I buy them every day... ?

Do I leave the Easter eggs in my cart or must I buy them every day...??

Comments

• I imagine you'd be better off buying them every day as the price is likely to jump. There's also the possibility that they may not be available after the day after and, even if they are, it has tended to be that later purchases don't trigger the future discount.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,830

they are just door busters with another name

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,581

...well the first one doesn't even knock on the door. 

Now a new character by Raw Art or Oso3D, that would be a "door buster"..

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,480

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Except for "On Easter Weekend you will receive gifts and discounts based on how many Easter Eggs you collect"

• kyoto kid said:

...well the first one doesn't even knock on the door. 

Now a new character by Raw Art or Oso3D, that would be a "door buster"..

It doesn't trigger a cart discount on its own, so not a door buster in that sense either. Feels more like an incentive to buy a new release plus the Easter egg every day, but like you say, unless it's a top product then I'm not feeling the pull on those terms.

• theflarftheflarf Posts: 110

Yet another March 'Mehness' thing i'll be skipping I think.

$3.99 isn't cheap enough to buy something I don't have a strong interest in, with how the Daz sales have been lately, I can't risk buying something at 3.99 for a unknown reward at the end.

PerttiA said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Except for "On Easter Weekend you will receive gifts and discounts based on how many Easter Eggs you collect"

so a mystery package delivery 

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,480

WendyLuvsCatz said:

PerttiA said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

so a mystery package delivery 

Yep, poses for Millennium Girls and additional clothing textures for V3 cheeky 

• beregarberegar Posts: 268

I wonder if I have managed to kick my buying addiction seeing that during March Madness the only things I bought were lashes utilities, egyptian atrium, jepe's wonderplants 3, and the hammerhead explorer which cost me like 15€ total - and I bought those within first three days. After that nothing, and the egg hunt doesn't seem interesting to me either... like the first item is a new female character for G9 which is not something I'd buy even if I used G9.

Huzzah for smart purchasing practices... but I guess we will see how long this lasts if something interesting actually pops up. laugh

• I imagine you need to buy the Easter Egg item each day.  I was able to get it reduced to $1.99 when adding the other goth stuff (no tokens used either).  From a marketing and sales point, it wouldn't make much sense to incentivize holding off on finalizing the purchase until Easter.  I like the goth stuff so adding Carmel wasn't an issue at all.  I hope the additional gifts and discounts are worth it.  Side note-where do we track our Easter Eggs?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,326

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Well, unlike other Doorbusters they do have a promise of "On Easter Weekend you will receive gifts and discounts  based on how many Easter Eggs you collect".

• Well, you know what they say...."Don't put all your eggs in one basket". These puns are contagious!cheekyyes

• DiscipleDisciple Posts: 76

I confess I like this structure better than last year's, where you could collect all but one and end up with nothing.

Hallelujah!
    Disciple

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,786

Something in my ad blocker blocks the Easter Egg product window.  I have to look at it in an incognito window...

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,514

ibr_remote aka infinity10 said:

Do I leave the Easter eggs in my cart or must I buy them every day...??

If you leave them in the cart, unpurchased the Easter Bunny gives you NADA on Easter. To collect them means to buy them. DAZ wants us to buy them . . .  to be egg hoarders. So we can hoard more when they give us freebees based on the eggs we buy. The irony is birds lay eggs, rabbits don't. But Rabbits love carrots and DAZ loves to dangle carrots so . . . enlightenedMaybe next year we should be transparent and collect carrots not eggs. Win-win. devil

the little chocolate droppings rabbits eat are not mini eggs surprise

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,514

WendyLuvsCatz said:

the little chocolate droppings rabbits eat are not mini eggs surprise

BBBLLLAAARRRGGGHHH!!! (wipes mouth on sleeve) I am so sorry. I know they need the vitamins/nutrition, and they only eat them at night, (unless sick they eat the during the day) but . . . (gags again).
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,909

WandW said:

Something in my ad blocker blocks the Easter Egg product window.  I have to look at it in an incognito window...

unpkg.com needed (temporarily) allowing for me in Firfox, using NoScript.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,786

Richard Haseltine said:

WandW said:

unpkg.com needed (temporarily) allowing for me in Firfox, using NoScript.

That's the Ticket!  Thanx, Richard!

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,733

Disciple said:

I confess I like this structure better than last year's, where you could collect all but one and end up with nothing.

Except some useless items cluttering the product library.  

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,579

So far, I gotta pass on easter eggs. Those items are not the items I'm looking for!

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,068
    The two 'eggs' I have noticed so far are characters I find to look rather creepy, so they are a pass for me. Something about head size & shape relative to body doesn't sit right with me. Not that I can do better myself, because I can't. Regards, Richard.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,581

PerttiA said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

...for the most part so far, they have been rather "meh" G9 characters that don't interest me or items for G9 (to pique my interest into using G9 it requires something really "unique" like creatures and characters by PA's like Raw Art and Oso3D) so not expecting to have even enough eggs for a "three egg omelette" in the  basket  Sunday. 

Finally tonight something that I would actually use.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,032
    edited March 27
    The two 'eggs' I have noticed so far are characters I find to look rather creepy, so they are a pass for me. Something about head size & shape relative to body doesn't sit right with me. Not that I can do better myself, because I can't. Regards, Richard.
    I think it's less an issue with MB in particular and more an issue with G9 in general - I find the proportions of most G9 characters released here to be "off" in various ways. I've seen people say that G9 provokes the "uncanny valley" reaction for being too realistic, but I don't think that's true. The reaction is caused by (imo) G9's not-quite-human shaping. Neck, shoulders, upper back, chest, and arms specifically often look "wrong". For G9, in most cases, I'd say "You're buying for the head - expect to have to stick it on one of the better body products."

For a long time, I considered G9 more-or-less incapable of producing good-looking human characters. However, Van Helsing 9, Mousso's Fate, MM3D's Holden, and a few others changed my opinion to some degree and convinced me that it's possible to make something decent from it (although I still think G8/8.1 look better on average).

I did pick up the two MB characters, but I'm a sucker for cheap content if I can use any part of it. ;)
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,068

I agree that Van Helsing (too expensive for me) and Mousso's Fate (didn't buy) & Dola (did buy) are good, and I'd like to add some of Cynder Blue's characters to the short list. But.. I don't yet feel I have come across a potential favourite character. Or even a regular second string character for my favourite to interact with. G3 & G8 currently fill those roles.

I don't generally do portraits, and that is where G9 excels. The bodies, the joints don't seem comfortable to me. And in relatively rare cases do I feel that the poses look completely natural. When I've tried posing G9 I feel I'm trying to avoid moving the main limb joints too far to prevent odd bends - same as was needed for V3 20 odd years ago. Actually, it makes me admire Linday, Zeddicus & Zev0 all the more for being able to create nice looking pose sets that avoid dodgy bends. We're what, 18 months after the release of G9? And I'm still unconvinced that as a user G9 is better for me. I do understand that it may be for other users who have different requirements from me. I see many character modellers say it's much easier to work with; That's nice, but as a user, I'm interested in the results of the modeller's work, which I like less. 

As for today's Easter Egg.. Umm. No thanks. I see way too many meeting rooms. Most of which are more brightly lit, and have coffee machines, but they're still meeting rooms!

Regards,

Richard.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,909

This is not a thread for discussing Genesis 9 yet again.

edited March 27

Is it okay to say that I'm underwhelmed with the quality of the easter egg buy-in items and I'm not buying them? Because I'm underwhelmed by the items and I'm not buying them. I don't need two more bland, almost-identical, highly similar female characters and I don't want a black briefing room that requires new textures and more/better lighting to be useful.

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • joannajoanna Posts: 1,057

I got the two previous Easter eggs. Even if they weren't particularly enticing, they were ok, and I could justify spending 3.99 or 1.99 on them.

Today's Easter egg? This is the kind of products we get at Daz+ weekly freebies, and even for free, I often fail to bother to even install them, because they're so underwhelming. I am trying to find a reason to justify paying $3.99 for it, and to be honest, I can't find any. Vague promise of some kind of reward depending on the amount of eggs I collect (which might be as insignificant as extra 1% off your cart per egg collected or a free item of similar quality) is not good enough.

edited March 27

richardandtracy said:

As for today's Easter Egg.. Umm. No thanks. I see way too many meeting rooms. Most of which are more brightly lit, and have coffee machines, but they're still meeting rooms

But Richard, this is a Sci Fi Meeting Room. That makes it special. I half-expect that tomorrow there will be a fanart addon to make it look like it belongs on TOS Enterprise. It would fit with recent themes.

Post edited by Torquinox on
  • doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,032
    edited March 27
    It does seem a bit strange for the Meeting Room to be so dark when FH's other sci-fi rooms are so bright:

- FH Sci-Fi Hot Tub Room
    - FH Sci-Fi Dining Room
    - FH Sci-Fi Hallway Vignette
    - FH Sci-Fi Window Vignette
    - FH Sci-Fi Chamber Room

Even the Teleporter Room - which shares the darker color scheme - seems well-lit in comparison. Maybe the promos for the new room are just a bit off?
    Post edited by doubledeviant on