white dots on my G2M skin / flesh renders

I'm re-rendering some of my older scenes because I'm changing some of my stories around and I'm getting white dots on the skin of my G2M characters. They redered fine a few years ago when I originally created the scenes. How do I get rid of these white dots in my render?

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,943

Iray or 3Delight? Which version of DS were they created and originally rendered in (if you haven't resaved them the tool-tip that pops up when you hover the mouse over them should give the version). White dots are often down to reflections of light sources - were you using ghost lights?

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,033
    edited March 23

Richard Haseltine said:

Iray or 3Delight? Which version of DS were they created and originally rendered in (if you haven't resaved them the tool-tip that pops up when you hover the mouse over them should give the version). White dots are often down to reflections of light sources - were you using ghost lights?

Iray. I don't know which version of Iray it was created with. When I hover the mouse over it, I get "version 0.6". It was created on October 7, 2017. I try to stay pretty current with releases usually upgrading within a week or two of any new releases. So whatever was current around that date.

I have no light sources in the scene. My Environment Mode = "Dome & Scene" and my Dome Mode = "Infinite Sphere".

Post edited by Drogo Nazhur on
  • Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,033

I rendered again with a light source on the characeter and that go rid of the dots on him but now I have to figure out how to re-light the rest of the scene. It would be simplier if I could get rid of the dots without having to add a light source. If there is no other solution, I'll mark this issue resolved.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,943

Well, it may be that the settings are just too glossy. If you select one of the skin surfaces (most simply by clicking with the Surface Selection Tool) and go to the Editor tab of the Surfaces pane what is listed at top-left, where it says Shader:?