How to preserve the texture on the model in the obj file when exporting it

I created a character with hair and clothing, and then I exported the character's obj format model. When I imported this model into other 3D sculpting software, I found that only some of the models would be displayed in surface mode. Material, others show no color and material effects, and there are also problems with the naming of various parts of the model. I saw two models called hair, but the contents of these two models are actually the clothes I created. When exporting, I selected Ignore invisible Nodes, write UV coordinatewrite, write faceswrite normalgroups: use surface name(s), write surfaces,write material library,quote paths containing spaces,map:collect and convert(for bryce) these options. I chose to export each of the two options map: collect and map: convert (for bryce), and exported them to the same obj file. I really want to know if anyone can help me solve this problem.

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,780

1) Actually you exported all objects... If you just want to export the character, select the character in Scene pane first, then import with the options as attached screenshot 1 (using Filter Objects option)

2) OBJ Exporter uses the Node Names rather than the Labels you see in Scene pane to export the selected objects. Check the Node Names via Edit - Figure - Scene Identification...

3) "Collect" means all Diffuse maps from the selected objects(s) will be exported to a "Map" sub-folder and this sub-folder will be quoted in .mtl file along with .ojb file. Then after importing obj file in other software, you'll see the diffuse maps assigned on the surfaces accordingly.

SNAG-2024-3-23-0014.png
    549 x 591 - 54K