Horo's Free HDRIs

Hi all, I just downloaded and installed Horo's free HDRI's  from the "Free Artist Holiday Items" Xmas promotion, and I can't find any of it.

Can someone say where this will have been installed?

I wanted to try them out with a Bryce scene I have ready.

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,288

As for Bryce, Carrara or Studio: just unpack and save to any place on your computer where you can find them. There are starter documents included that should help you make things work. If you download with DIM (which I do not recommend), just set the destination location where you want the stuff.

• franontheedgefranontheedge Posts: 342
    edited December 2015

As for Bryce, Carrara or Studio: just unpack and save to any place on your computer where you can find them. There are starter documents included that should help you make things work. If you download with DIM (which I do not recommend), just set the destination location where you want the stuff.

Ah. Knew I'd done something wrong.  I'll see if I can download it again and this time get it to do what I want.

I've posted a question about finding my account - since it seems well hidden on the Daz Website and I can't otherwise think how to re-download the files.

I might get somewhere eventually...

Sorted. Rendering now...

Post edited by franontheedge on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891

If you ever need to know the location where DIM has installed you files, select the item in the Installed tab, right click, and then select 'Show Installed Files'.   That will produce a page of clickable links for every file in that set that was installed.

• Horo said:

@Horo - why no shadow catcher in the Carrara renders? sad

Just poking a little good natured fun - I assume most Carrara users know how to add a shadow catcher material or can easily figure it out, just thought it was funny that the Carrara renders were the only ones without ground shadows - thank you for this, everyone can always use more good HDRI's. laugh

• Thanks, Horo, for your generous gift!  Merry Christmas to you!

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,115

Thank you Horo  and

Merry Christmas !

You are all more than welcome. I hope you find them useful and help to make your Christmas really Merry.

MDO2010 - I do hope some great Carrara-er will tell me eventually how to make a shadow catcher in Carrara. I had spent quite a while but I am obviously too dumb.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,479

Thanks, Horo. I tried the Fork one in Daz Studio 4.8 Iray Environment tab, but my character seemed to float above the ground and was not well lit, even though the environment map part of the rendered image was very bright. Is there something else I need to do to use them in DS? I have used a lot of HDRIs from the web, like the Pixar one, and haven't had the same issue, so I'm guessing I need to tweak something for these. Any suggested DS Iray settings, or sample DS renders I can compare with, to see where I have gone wrong or what to expect the render to look like?

barbult - the example renders were made with the settings shown in the DS-Iray-HDRIs.pdf document. Don't forget to enable Draw Ground and play with the Ground Shadow Intensity. Then there is Gamma, which reduces contrast. Set it to 1 and ignore the backdrop for a moment until you have the light right.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791

Cheers, Horo.

Btw, the link to the HDRIs.

Jay

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Thank you Horo for such a wonderful gift.

I thought you might like to know there is a thank you thread in The Commons as well:  http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/67918/horo-s-christmas-gift-hdri#latest

• What a nice Chritmas gift! Thanks Horo.

• vosvos Posts: 337

Something new for me to explore thanks Horro.

You are all more than welcome. I do hope you will have fun with the stuff. Special thanks to Kismet2012 to point me to that thread I haven't noticed.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    Horo said:

You are all more than welcome. I do hope you will have fun with the stuff. Special thanks to Kismet2012 to point me to that thread I haven't noticed.

You're welcome Horo. 

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,797

Thanks, Horo!

• Thanks for the freebie, Horo, and Happy New Year!

• Thank you very much for this nice gift. "guter Rutsch" and happy New Year!

• Eva1Eva1 Posts: 1,249

Bit late in posting,  but I have to add my thanks here too - really great quality HDRIs!

You are all more than welcome, Hansmar, FlashGarcia (long not seen here), Electro-Elvis and Eva1. I hope it wasn't my set that screwed up, Eva.

• I know I am late to the party but are those HDRIS still available? :D