Characters Skins Appear Wrong Colour

PatroklosPatroklos Posts: 533

[Characters Skins Appear Wrong Colour] For example Risa G9, Donna G9, Ruby G9

All of these are clearly shown in the promos as white european characters.

When they are loaded in Daz Studio, they are prertty much black characters.  Why is this?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,033

Is that in the preview or in a full render?

What you see in the scene preview may not be representative of the final result, especially if you use texture shaded openGL preview mode and not Iray preview as it can only approximate the materials.

Also, the way a texture will appear is highly dependant on the lighting used.

• PatroklosPatroklos Posts: 533

Hello Leana, thanks,

I am using HDRI of beach, Iray, would have thought sunshine would produce a natural picture?

Perhaps the producer of the mats should also supply a light that will enable the mat to look as in the promo material

• Can you provide a screenshot/comparison? Hard to tell what's wrong without actually looking at the picture.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,940
    edited March 22

Moved to Technical Help as it is not a Daz Studio application topic.

I assume thesee are all the HID characters of those names (there is another Genesis 9 Ruby). Which version of DS are you using? The only HID character I have is Emmy, and she renders as expected, but that is quite an old character so the new ones may be using a shader or feature that requires a newer build of DS or an update to Default Resources that you do not have.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,780
    edited March 22

You mean the skin tone looks like the one in the attached screenshot 1 ? and you'd like to have the one similar to the screenshot 2 ?

SNAG-2024-3-23-0006.png
    2022 x 1313 - 2M
    SNAG-2024-3-23-0007.png
    2026 x 1394 - 2M
    Post edited by crosswind on

Hello Crosswind,

More or less yes, I can achieve it with some work, but it seems to me to be wrong that promo material shows one thing and we get another. It should work "out of the box" not require a lot of work to get the basics right.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,780

Patroklos said:

Hello Crosswind,

More or less yes, I can achieve it with some work, but it seems to me to be wrong that promo material shows one thing and we get another. It should work "out of the box" not require a lot of work to get the basics right.

Actually in most cases, you won't get the result with "out of the box" as what you see in promo pics... The expected skin tones much rely on good lighting patterns as well as the optimized property settings on skin surfaces. Generally speaking, you always have to tweak them to some extent.

Yes, no point in Daz Studio if you are not prepared to at least tweak, but to find the product so different fron what is advertised............