Missing files dialog... again...

kirbawirbakirbawirba Posts: 121
Seems like once every 6 months Daz decides its just gonna start looking for random amd massive amounts of missing files that a day ago it could find... even things that aren't even in the scene! Its now looking for everything from Stephanie 6 morphs and textures, to Mechasar's add on packs and none of that is in use in the scene... Normally, I would carefully guide it to each file, but since today, without installing anything new, it just says that it can't find a ton of files I'm not using. I was even in the middle of a render queue (nod to ManFriday) and in the middle of that it started looking for files! Is there a definitive way of fixing this cause the many other threads have multiple fixes, but none of the big ones have helped. EDIT: Looks like it gave up looking for most of them now and is looking for a slew of morphs I'm not using...
Post edited by kirbawirba on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933

That sounds very odd - please post a screen shot of the error message. Do check that the folders you are using have not moved and - especially if theya re on external drives - that the drive identifier has not changed (e.g. E: gone to F: because soemthing else claimed the E: identifier).

• kirbawirbakirbawirba Posts: 121
    I don't know exactly what happened but I just ended up tracking every file it wanted down and putting it where it wanted it. I'd rather do something tedious and grating but I know it'll work than just trying fixes I'm not sure will. The worst part is that if I want the popup to go away altogether, is its forcing me to install the entire Mechasar Add on pack. Mechasar has stated that installing all the addons while not owning them all, will cause problems with the stuff you DO own. I'm not using any of their assets in the scene, but for some reason Daz insists I install the whole pack in order to load a scene in peace. Its kinda infuriating, ngl, especially when some of my favorite models are his, and I don't want them ruined because of this. It was just all of a sudden, between renders in the queue, Daz required all of these extraneous files. All of them loading from the same folder, on the same drive, at the same time.