[Solved]Japanese or corruption Help

artxtapartxtap Posts: 147

So the Japanese writing thing now shows up on the daz splash screen.
I think my daz3d might be corrupted. When I went to save a new prop I am working on; the Japanese writing also appear in the vendor  name. It has also appeared in other text boxes.
Also when I was working on the prop, the more time went by the slower daz was.

This there a way to force a daz reinstall? Over what is on the HD; without uninstalling?

I don’t want to uninstall daz, because it might delete my other stuff. Does that make sense to you? --my props, poses, etc will/might get removed!?

help_error.jpg
Post edited by artxtap on

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,603

Just looking at the screenshot it's possible that it's a font issue. Have you recenly been messing about with any operating system fonts? Adding, removing, moving etc.

• artxtapartxtap Posts: 147

SofaCitizen said:

Just looking at the screenshot it's possible that it's a font issue. Have you recenly been messing about with any operating system fonts? Adding, removing, moving etc.

nope.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,780
    edited March 21

First, they're no Japanese but just gibberish characters. Second, pls press F2 in DS, check Authorship Information there...

If it's still messy after making correction..., pls try: Close DS, go to %appdata%\DAZ 3D\Studio4\, there's a file "dazstudio.dau", delete it. Launch DS and re-enter Authorship Info.

Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

First, they're no Japanese but just gibberish characters. Second, pls press F2 in DS, check Authorship Information there...

If it's still messy after making correction..., pls try: Close DS, go to %appdata%\DAZ 3D\Studio4\, there's a file "dazstudio.dau", delete it. Launch DS and re-enter Authorship Info.

thanks i will try that, have sent in a ticket because i did uninstall and reinstall it using the install manager, and it did appeared to download the file again, but it's still not right, so i hope they can tell me which file to delete, because it must be getting the bad info from a file already here somewhere.

but i will try you anwser for sure. thanks

your f2 looks like it workedsmileyyes! if there is any more weird behavior i will delete dazstudio.dau.

thank you!

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,780

artxtap said:

your f2 looks like it workedsmileyyes! if there is any more weird behavior i will delete dazstudio.dau.

thank you!

Good ! No problem ~ blush