Different Shaders and Skin Settings: Comparison

JovanniJovanni Posts: 87
edited March 20 in The Commons

Hey everyone. I've attached a bunch of numbered images. Some of them are Iray in Daz Studio, some aren't. I deliberately didn't label which is which. I'd love for you to take an unbiased look and rate them.
Which image do you like more? I see pros and cons in each, but I'm curious if people can spot any differences. Each image had 60 seconds of rendering time, with the same lighting and camera settings. Yet, the images have different levels of noise.

P.S. Just so you're not thrown off by why the first image looks so different from the others, I should explain. Image #1 has the standard skin settings. What you get straight outta the store. I used - Sophia 9.
And yeah, sure thing. I'll let you know later what's behind the image numbers.

1.jpg
1080 x 1440 - 621K
2.jpg
1080 x 1440 - 987K
3.jpg
1080 x 1440 - 1001K
4.jpg
1080 x 1440 - 834K
Post edited by Jovanni on

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Well, speaking from a portaiture perspective, if you are going for catches the eye of your random viewer it's 2.jpg. It's why old fashioned Japanese stage plays wore white makeup and why early Hollywood films often had actors wearing white makeup. It's easier to see shadows and separates the actors from the background.

For more realistic modern shows with less drama needed which depends on the story, time of day, season, ethnic background, and long term sun tanning, they are all good and nothing at all is actually wrong with any of them.

My favorite though is 4.jpg once I see the full size pictures and 2.jpg when looking at the thumbnail size pictures.