Adding tags to items only work in smart content, not in content library?

I've added a tag to an item in smart content when I then search in smart content with this tag the search result shows this item. Unfortunately in content library this does not work. When I search here with the same tag the item from the smart library is not shown. Additionally when I add a tag to an item in content library which is stored in "My Library" as I have downloaded from another platform the tag is not working neither.

Is there a way to use tags in content library?

Comments

• mdingmding Posts: 1,137

With "tag" I guess you mean "categorize.." ? I was able to do this with products from the other store and they show up in content library.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,927

Tags are a separate thing, you can add them to items via the Smart Content pane in the (collapsed, usually) section at the bottom of the pane - which also has  tabs for file info and other things.

The Content Library search is much more limited in features than that in Smart Content (after all, not every file in the Content Library will have any metadata), so yes that is the expected behaviour.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,777
    edited March 19

Tags work in both Smart Content and Content Library. After you giving Tag(s) to user-facing File(s), you type " + Tag in filter field and choose Database as the search option, as shown in SS attached.

It also works for the product items from 3rd-party sites no matter you install them into Smart Content or just direcly dump the files in your Daz Libs.

SNAG-2024-3-20-0004.png
    496 x 1302 - 67K
    Post edited by crosswind on
  • mdingmding Posts: 1,137

Thank you @Richard Haseltine and @crosswind, good to know!

• DissendiorDissendior Posts: 110

@crosswind my hero smiley