gift cards reduce token earnings?

I added a gift card to my cart and it wants to add -6 tokens to my "earnings". That seems pretty lame to me, but is probably an error? Is this intended and is it something that has been going on for a while?

negative-tokens.jpg
508 x 442 - 39K

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,480

You should report it in the sales reporting thread. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/639576/hot-new-northern-season-new-sales-thread-report-issues-here-reporting-only#latest

I have a $40 cart from which I'm earning 8 tokens.
    After adding a $500 giftcard to the cart, the tokens I was earning went to zero.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933

Gift cards do not earn tokens on purchase, you do earn tokens on spending them (which is more useful for most people).

Richard Haseltine said:

Gift cards do not earn tokens on purchase, you do earn tokens on spending them (which is more useful for most people).

Try it.

As I said, I added a gift card to a cart that had $40 worth of items, which was earning me 8 tokens.
    After adding the gift card, the tokens I was earning went to zero - They should have stayed at 8.

PerttiA said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Try it.

As I said, I added a gift card to a cart that had $40 worth of items, which was earning me 8 tokens.
    After adding the gift card, the tokens I was earning went to zero - They should have stayed at 8.

I am not seeing this.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,328
    edited March 19

Richard Haseltine said:

PerttiA said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Try it.

I am not seeing this.

See the attachment in the OP post. I am seeing the same thing. Adding a gift card over $100 reduces the number of tokens by an amount that is equivalent to the numer of tokens that would be earned by a purchase of the amount of the discount on the gift card.  

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

The first cart has no gift card (and no tokens used), the second is the same cart but with a $500 gift card added.

NoCG.JPG
    651 x 409 - 49K
    WithCG.JPG
    646 x 351 - 43K
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,151

Richard Haseltine said:

PerttiA said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Try it.

I am not seeing this.

I'm seeing something similar - in this case 4 earned tokens turning to 2 

Cart-1.jpg
    763 x 735 - 94K
    Cart-2.jpg
    731 x 815 - 110K
  • Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,348
    edited March 20

Yes, I can replicate this. Putting a $100 gift card in the cart tells me that I will earn -2 tokens.

It looks like the way that gift cards being ineligible for earning tokens is handled by erroneously subtracting the full value (rather than the in-cart value) of the gift card from the total, which causes problems when gift cards are discounted.

At the moment, with 10% off orders for Daz+ Members, the $90 cart price for a $100 gift card is having $100 subtracted from it, resulting in a $-10 cart total, which (with double tokens today) is worth -2 tokens.

Post edited by Matt_Castle on

Sorry, I had tried with a smaller GC.

This is still happening even after the store turnover. Any chance of getting it fixed??? 

Otherwise,  there is the somewat inconvient work around of only purchasing gift cards under $100

• mambanegramambanegra Posts: 574

It's back...Put stuff in your cart, get tokens, add a big GC and they are reduced (or go to zero as I just found out). So, I assume if I make the purchase for the stuff I have in my cart right now and then the GC afterward, that the purchase of the card would reduce my token count by the same amount as I just earned (since with everything together in my cart, the earning is zero, even though without the GC it is 5). So frustrating that these problems keep coming back. 

mambanegra said:

It's back...Put stuff in your cart, get tokens, add a big GC and they are reduced (or go to zero as I just found out). So, I assume if I make the purchase for the stuff I have in my cart right now and then the GC afterward, that the purchase of the card would reduce my token count by the same amount as I just earned (since with everything together in my cart, the earning is zero, even though without the GC it is 5). So frustrating that these problems keep coming back. 

We wil flag this, but it is unlikely to be fixed today so, we would suggest opening a Sales ticket to get the Token balance corrected.

Richard Haseltine said:

mambanegra said:

We wil flag this, but it is unlikely to be fixed today so, we would suggest opening a Sales ticket to get the Token balance corrected.

Or, since any  discount is not dependent on an additional purchase, simply purchase the gift card in a seperate order. 

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,066

If the gift card is under $100 it doesn't trigger the negative token thing.

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,348

Charlie Judge said:

Or, since any  discount is not dependent on an additional purchase, simply purchase the gift card in a seperate order. 

The question here though is "Will buying the gift card take away from my existing tokens?" - because I want the tokens I've currently got for the actual order.

It looks like if I want $100 or more of credit, I've got to check out multiple times to be sure that the store doesn't steal my tokens, unless people can confirm 100% that an order that claims -2 tokens won't suddenly leave me with 2 fewer tokens for my actual check out.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,384

I had this come up as well, a GC of 100,00 wanting to give me '+- 1 token', and I went ahead anyway - because '+-' in math therms means nothing actually happens, right? I figured I could just give it a try. And it turned out that the 4 tokens I had previously were left quite untouched by this. So maybe it's just the system's weird way of saying, 'nahnahnah, you COULD have gotten all these tokens if gift cards still earned them ...' ;-) Just my two cents on the matter.

• mambanegramambanegra Posts: 574

Yeah, the purchase added a negative 5 tokens. I submitted a ticket. This would be the second ticket for the same problem, though, the other was back in march. I guess some things never change.