My Genesis 9 figures look deformed.

usa423_6c467e3e09usa423_6c467e3e09 Posts: 20
edited March 17 in Daz Studio Discussion

After some messing around I come to the conclusion something was wrong with my Genesis 9 characters. I installed Daz on another machine and sure enough there was.

Here is Kat on my main pc (included with Genesis 9 Starter pack)  and then Kat on my other pc (the file has a 2 in it)

Here is Matt on my main pc (included with Genesis 9 Starter pack) and then Matt on my other pc (the file has a 2 in it)

I have tried uninstalling Daz and reinstalling. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Genesis 9 Starter pack 1 and 2 of 2 , no effect. 

Any ideas here are appreciated, thanks.

Post edited by usa423_6c467e3e09 on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,129
    edited March 18

Please remember to put the Viewport into a non-textued mode if you need to show nude figures.

The first machine has a character installed (or saved as a morph asset by you) with a non-zero default value, the second machine doesn't. Load a plain Genesis 9 Dev Load figure and I think you will find it has an unwanted extra shape too - assuming that is true, Edit>Figure>Zero>Zero Figure Shape. If that restores the proper shape then go to File>Save As>Support Assets>Save Modified Assets and make a note of what it says will be saved, then cancel (to make sure you don't overwrite something like the joint correctives, which should be non-zero). One of the things listed will be the problem character.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Thanks for the suggestion.  When I did that I saw 3 morphs in the data folder. I went and deleted all of them, no effect. But if I load Genesis 9 normally it appears feminine. Then I zero the shape and can apply characters manually and save them like that.   But what to do about them morphs?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,129

So the guilty party was not showing as modified?