G9 L.I.E. creation - compared to G8

Hello,

I have a G8 figure that has L.I.E. body striping. I know this can't be converted to a G9 figure since their 'skins' are different.

I tried pulling in the G9 body 'skin' into GIMP and applying a similar design there but it is very difficult to determine where the extents of the skin is and how it wraps around the figure. For example, am I working on the figures chest area or has this wrapped so that I am actually working the figures side or even back?

Also, trying to figure out how an area of say the leg/thigh area would overlap and join to the adjacent area of the body seems very difficult to do in this manner. They are two different skin sections and files.

My inquiry is, what is the acceptable method and possible tools required to successfully create a similar body striping design for this now G9 version?

I am not a merchant so do not intend to create this for sale. It is just for my personnal use, however, this figure is part of a Race of beings so all may have a form of this same body striping so being able to use this in some fashion on other figures, male and female, would be great.

Any input/ideas is appreciated.

Thanks,

DJ 

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,719

You could add a texture to your character in the base channel, e.g. a UV map texture you can find online, such as

And then use the same texture as underlying to your UV texture, so you know where you work.

• Thanks for the info. This will have to wait for another weekend but will give this a shot.

DJ.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,793

The straight-forward way to convert LIE texture map from G8 to G9 is to Map Transfer with this product from Cayman Studios  -  https://www.daz3d.com/legacy-uvs-for-genesis-9-genesis-3-8-and-81-female

If you want to freely make such texture maps (like tattoos for being used with LIE or geoshell..), esp. across the seams, the best way is always to paint textures / stencils directly on Genesis figure rather than using 2D image editors, like this free way with Blender that I recommended in this thread - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8617406/#Comment_8617406

• Thanks,

I shall look into these options as well.

DJ.

• LauritaLaurita Posts: 196

In the freebies section over at Rendo are some G9 material templates. I am not sure if I am allowed to link them but a search for

Templates for G9 base UV Set

by PetuniaPetals

should bring up the correct result