G9 Hair to ear fit.

I have a G9 figure, the morphs were converted from a G8 figure, and purchased the FE Arkadiusz Hair. 

It looks really good on the figure but this figure has pointed ears which are moved higher up the side of the head. The hair wants to wrap over the tops of the ears instead of residing behind the ears exposing the ears fully. There is no included shaping to deal with this.

Wondering what the best method of dealing with this situation is, assuming there is one.

I do have the Mesh Grabber tool but though I would inquire for input before trying anything. 

Very nice hair BTW.

Thanks for any assistance or input anyone might have.

DJ.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,114

You can stop the hair responding to the ear morph at all by creating a dummy morph with the same name before fiitting or before applying the morph to the base figure, then you can use other tools (dForms, Push Modifiers etc.) to deal with any fitting issues.

to get the name (not label) of the actual morph (if the ears come ftrom a character morph it may actuall be the head morph that you need) click the gear icon on the slider and go to Parameter Settings.

to create a dummy morph, select the hair. Right-click in the Parameters pane and check Edit Mode (if it isn't already checked). Right-click in a group (such as Hidden) that you don't mind cluttering>Create New Property. Give the new property the name of the morph with the ears, and set it to Hidden - it isn't actually going to do anything so the rest of the settings don't matter. That should do the job.

• Thanks,

Will work on that.

DJ

• Hello Richard,

I started with the figure in the scene and could not get the hair item to ignore the ear shape no matter how I set things up.

What I ended up having to do was start with an empty scene and put the hair in by itself. Then follow the process you initially gave to create the dummy morph.

Once that was done, I brought the figure in and fitted the hair to the figure. That brought success.

As you said, I still had to make some tweaks and even hide small items of mesh but seems good now.

Thanks for the assist.

DJ

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,114

Yes, if the hair is fitted to the figure and the figure had the morph set in that session (even if it has since been zeroed) the hair will already have the auto-projected morph, so you need tos tart clean (or unfit the hair and use the Clear Generated Morphs comand, Edit>Figure>Geometry I think).