Question About Post Denoiser

Question About Post Denoiser!

Hi, I got a Question? what is the impact of enabling Post Denoiser on Render Quality in terms of Skin Details. Will they remain or we loose the details.

Also, if we loose details, then how much? For example, I set to max iteration for a scene 2000 and the enable Denoiser at say 1950, how much quality I will loose. Is it advisable to use Denoiser?

Also what do these Post Denoiser Denoice Alpa Means and what is the difference?

Comments

• kprkpr Posts: 53
    edited March 18

IMO:

More cycles gives much better results than denoising

If a little denoising still has to be done it's better in post-process (more controllable) if you've the software to handle it and the techniques for using it (e.g. photoshop)

Post edited by kpr on
  • PadonePadone Posts: 3,481

The denoiser will only lose details in not converging areas. That means you can always use it, but it is most effective with low iterations, where you wouldn't get a quality picture with the rendering engine alone, and that's really what the denoiser is designed for. It makes little to no sense to use the denoiser in a converged picture with a high number of iterations.

Also the denoiser takes extra memory, in a significative way, so it is advisable to turn it off if you don't need it.