Lines on Legs and Shoulder fix?

Daz to Unreal brought in my character. But I am now dealing with these odd lines on her legs and shoulders. Anyone know how to fix this? Genesis 8 model and Unreal Engine 5.3. 

LineIssue1.png
2560 x 1290 - 2M

Comments

• davegvdavegv Posts: 164
    edited March 19

Witchaven said:

Daz to Unreal brought in my character. But I am now dealing with these odd lines on her legs and shoulders. Anyone know how to fix this? Genesis 8 model and Unreal Engine 5.3. 

I think this can be caused if the morphs that "stretch the Skin" breast morphs or butt morphs ect.... i think i only encountered this one time and if i recall the morphs were all or part of the cause.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • MacislavMacislav Posts: 126
    edited March 19

It looks like lack of used GPU memory or texture bleeding.

Possible remedy for the first problem: Increase used gpu memory by the following command in command line: r.streaming.poolSize 4000 (or higher up to the maximum your gpu can handle).

With texture bleeding it would help to repaint the skin textures (legs,torso,arms,head etc.) (just use the stamp tool) at the corresponding uv map edges/seams.

Post edited by Macislav on
  • WitchavenWitchaven Posts: 5

I discovered the answer via someone on Discord. I'm going to leave the answer here in case anyone else ever runs into this same problem. The issue involves virtual textures being enabled. I have certain things in my project that required virtual textures. If I figure out how to keep virtual textures enabled AND use the Daz to Unreal character I will come back and update that too. But for now I hope that can help someone. 

• You can go into each material of the character, open the texture and search for virtual texture and deactivate it.