Studio crashes at the drop of a hat.

I can't run studio for more than 10 minutes tops. without warning, it simply shuts off, and up pops an error message. I'd really love it if Apple would compete with Daz. I feel like I'm being ignored because I'm running on apple. At least Appale products don't crash on Apple.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,114

You might look at and, if necessary, post to https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/16599/the-mac-faq#latest

• TBorNotTBorNot Posts: 362
    edited March 20

Mine crashes when you use the system menus (the one with the Apple, at the top), and appears to be connected to running your browser at the same time.  Stop your browser, reboot your Mac and run Daz3D by itself.  There is something terribly wrong with the Daz drop down menus and some other subsystems which were supposed to be replaced by the next version of Daz3D but it's too late on the Mac.  Other than this, it's been very stable on my Mac Studio Ultra.

Post edited by TBorNot on
  • TBorNotTBorNot Posts: 362
    edited March 20

Here's another Mac hint:  Having a machine without graphics acceleration means you can see things the PC guys can't.  For example, the idea that the number of library entries slows down your machine is entirely incorrect.  The problem is a recursion race condition during loading when using fitted objects against complicated forms such as a body with many morphs.  Next time, save your character after you unfit everything like clothing, and save the scene.  Your item will load almost almost instantly, then re-fit your clothing.  It's not perfect, but it does work.

Post edited by TBorNot on