DIM QTCore4.dll access violation error

Setting up a new desktop today. On my old desktop, I had everything for DAZ installed on a secondary (E:\) drive. The program, DIM, all my library, etc. When I moved that HD over to the new PC, I had hoped that things would set up fairly easily because of that. (Yes, I made sure to update the drive letter back to E:\.)

However, I'm getting an error any time I open DIM and try to download anything, and it crashes. Help? If I set all the advanced options back to their defaults (C:\) stuff installs fine, but I need it to be on my secondary drive. I uninstalled and reinstalled DIM with no luck. I was running Win10 on the old PC and this one has Win11. 

Uploading the error report. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

May be an image of text

zip
zip
InstallManager_error_report_240316-114236.zip
Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,906

Moved to Technical Help as it is not strictly a daz Studio topic.

The last entry in the log refers to trying to reinstall DS - are you getting the pop-up telling you that certain product bundles (DS plus various content items) are not isntalled, and if so are you cancelling or letting it proceed?

• Richard Haseltine said:

Moved to Technical Help as it is not strictly a daz Studio topic.

The last entry in the log refers to trying to reinstall DS - are you getting the pop-up telling you that certain product bundles (DS plus various content items) are not isntalled, and if so are you cancelling or letting it proceed?

(Thank you, sorry about that. Pretty sure this is my first time posting here.)

Yes, it pops up saying it wants to install certain things. Whether I tell it to go ahead or cancel, it closes and gives me the error either way. DIM opens and runs fine, it's only when I try to install anything on that secondary drive that it makes a fuss. 

• Update: I went ahead and installed DAZ itself onto my main drive just fine. But I still can't get it to acknowledge my library on the E:\ drive and DIM is giving me the same error when I try to map it there.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,906

That sounds like a disc or file issue. Are you just changing the isntallation directory, or are you also chnaging others (the manifests folder, the database folder)?

• Richard Haseltine said:

That sounds like a disc or file issue. Are you just changing the isntallation directory, or are you also chnaging others (the manifests folder, the database folder)?

I've tried both. Running them from their default location and updating them. :/ No luck yet.