No Animations for Gen 9?

I downloaded the "DAZ" versions of the CMU BVH animations, but they are not compatible with Gen9.

Now, I'm a decent coder, and I suspect I could "fix" these all right up with some kind of C# program.

the only question is:  What is wrong with them?

Are the joints all named differently in Gen 9?

Do some of the movements need to be inverted?

I'd be totally happy to convert the lot of them and help others, since there are NO animations or aniblocks anywhere for Gen9

all this needs to be free, or I don't get to eat.

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,226

Bryan Valencia said:

I downloaded the "DAZ" versions of the CMU BVH animations, but they are not compatible with Gen9.

Now, I'm a decent coder, and I suspect I could "fix" these all right up with some kind of C# program.

the only question is:  What is wrong with them?

Are the joints all named differently in Gen 9?

Do some of the movements need to be inverted?

I'd be totally happy to convert the lot of them and help others, since there are NO animations or aniblocks anywhere for Gen9

all this needs to be free, or I don't get to eat.

The joints aren't just named differently, the skeletons are different, meaning that the animations would have to be retargeted. I don't know if the utilities Wendy linked to will do the job, but they're worth a try.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,770
    edited March 16

I don't know if the utilities Wendy linked to will do the job, but they're worth a try.

The FREE utility Wendy linked does excellent conversions of your G8 animations to G9  right inside Daz studio

( with minor tweaks as needed)wink
    It is easier for me to get my Ragdoll simulations from Poser 12 physics  onto a G8 figure as my older Iclone 3DX7 does not support G9.
    But that is not a problem as I can easily push any of my G8 animations up to G9 with the FREE script that Wendy linked

https://www.renderhub.com/anabran/sudden-death-dynamic-ragdoll-simulated-animations

Post edited by wolf359 on
  • Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,019

The Hawk at RenderHub has some free animations for  "G8 and G9"

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,770
    edited March 17

Catherine3678ab said:

The Hawk at RenderHub has some free animations for  "G8 and G9"

Here are 50 free animations for G8.
    you can use the FREE script from Rendo ,that Wendy posted, to use them on G9.wink
    https://www.renderhub.com/anabran/fifty-free-animations-for-daz-genesis-8

Post edited by wolf359 on