Sun Sky only - no lights?

Hi, I am new here so maybe this question is very simple but i found no answer elsewhere. (sorry but english is not my mother language)

So I made some scenes from 12:00 to 18:00 o'clock (its 12 to 6pm) with enviroment sun sky only -> all good.

Later I needed some lights because the sun isn't shine at night. :-) But with the attitude Sun-Sky only the lights dosn't work for me. I have to use dome+scene or just scene -> then I see the lights but at this moment my sun was away.

So now my question: How can I have an evenign sun with lights in the house or around the house?

Thx for your answers!

regards

Jackson

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,224

Set the environment to Dome and Scene, then remove the HDRI. You are now using Sun Sky plus lights.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    But be aware that if you save the scene and reload it, Daz Studio will put the default HDRI back in again. You will gave to delete the HDRI again.
  • jerhamjerham Posts: 153

There are different ways to setup the lighting when using the sun/sky render settings and darker scene's.

Personally i prefer to use meshlights combined with the sun/sky settings 

-Option 1: Set a surface in you're scene with an emission shader (default resources for DAZ studio has one) and tweak that surface (for instance a lamp bulb in you're scene).
    -Option 2: Use a ghost light mesh. There are serveral premade in the store that work very well . products like: Invisi Lights: Ghost Lights and Light Profiles | Daz 3D

• rbrehm79rbrehm79 Posts: 5

Thanks to all! Will try the options.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045

barbult said:

But be aware that if you save the scene and reload it, Daz Studio will put the default HDRI back in again. You will gave to delete the HDRI again.

Not if you delete it from your hard drive like I do :) It sometimes gets reloaded with an update but easy enough to remove by right clicking on the thumbnail, browse and delete again.