DAZ Studio - Can I prevent a blank scene from attempting to save when loading a scene?

Hello. I'm new to Daz (used poser for a long time, got out of 3d art for a decade, now I'm back and using Daz). I find it both dumb and annoying that when I launch DAZ and then go to load something I was working on I am instantly asked to save the entirely blank default scene that is created when you launch the program. Is there any way to prevent it from trying to save this? Sure its just one text box but it's quite irritating to have to click no every time.

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,808

Well, as long as you add nothing to the "blank scene", there'll be no prompt asking you to save it when loading another scene.

In general, DS checks if there's a "Undo stack" within the current scene when you load another one... You can check the menu item: Edit - Undo / Redo... If Undo / Redo both grey out, it means there's no undo stack, then there'll be no prompt when loading another scene.

• > Well, as long as you add nothing to the "blank scene", there'll be no prompt asking you to save it when loading another scene.

This is not correct. If I launch the program by any means other than opening a daz scene file directly it will open on a scene with nothing in it at all other than the default tone mapper and environment mapper objects. The viewport will be set to whatever view I had on last (usually iraypreview), but there are no objects loaded at all. If I attempt to then open what I was working on last via "File > open recent" it will ALWAYS prompt me to save this 100% blank and empty default environment as a scene. Every single time.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045

It only asks if you WANT to save just in case you do, you don't have to save it :)

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,808

jwavedog_2e01b66733 said:

> Well, as long as you add nothing to the "blank scene", there'll be no prompt asking you to save it when loading another scene.

This is not correct. If I launch the program by any means other than opening a daz scene file directly it will open on a scene with nothing in it at all other than the default tone mapper and environment mapper objects. The viewport will be set to whatever view I had on last (usually iraypreview), but there are no objects loaded at all. If I attempt to then open what I was working on last via "File > open recent" it will ALWAYS prompt me to save this 100% blank and empty default environment as a scene. Every single time.

Ah... I forgot about Tone Mapper and Env Options nodes. That's right, they're not added to undo stack with Iray Preview but they're really loaded into the Scene... In this case, I'm afraid there's no other choice. As Fishtales  said, just click No...blush

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,271

The options nodes are created only on rendering/previewing using Iray (or Filament) - presumably in this case it is your DrawStyle causign them to be added. One option would be to save a scene containing them, and set that to load by default (Edit>Preferences, Daz Studio>Preferences on a mac, and set the scene tio load in the Start Up and Scene tabs), so there won't be a change; you could also opt not to have Iray/Filament draw be your default.