Carrara's friend Adobe's Substance Painter in action

Samuel S.Samuel S. Posts: 319
edited March 15 in Carrara Discussion

Checkout Substance Painter working with Carrara:

Post edited by Samuel S. on

Comments

• FettbemmeFettbemme Posts: 117

as a small remark

have you seen and tried Carraras Bend-Modifier? and seen the difference between even Blender Bend-Modifier?

Carrara stands out of the crowd by lightyears in functionality, not so much in performance, though.

what I'm saying: I don't see the need of the 3ds max part in this as 3ds max has a Substance Painter bridge, and Carrara hasn't.

But you still could do it without Substance-bridge. Or the PBR old fashioned way.

As far as Substances go, yes, it is pretty much standard these days. for the 3D industry, for sure.

As far as hobby goes, we are again by the old quirks: Subscription vs pay once own for ever.

• Samuel S.Samuel S. Posts: 319
    edited March 15

Fettbemme said:

as a small remark

have you seen and tried Carraras Bend-Modifier? and seen the difference between even Blender Bend-Modifier?

Carrara stands out of the crowd by lightyears in functionality, not so much in performance, though.

what I'm saying: I don't see the need of the 3ds max part in this as 3ds max has a Substance Painter bridge, and Carrara hasn't.

But you still could do it without Substance-bridge. Or the PBR old fashioned way.

As far as Substances go, yes, it is pretty much standard these days. for the 3D industry, for sure.

As far as hobby goes, we are again by the old quirks: Subscription vs pay once own for ever.

Cearra's bend modifier is great, but Max seems to carry a lot of modifiers. Thankfully perpetual license of Substance is available on Steam.

Also, I updated the post to remove confusion about the Bend Modifier.

Post edited by Samuel S. on