If I wanted to have a faster dforce simulation, hardware wise, what need to be upgraded?

If I wanted to have a faster dforce simulation, hardware wise, what need to be upgraded?

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,793
    edited March 14

The graphic card, as dForce engine uses graphic card. However, even with a 4090, a wrong or bad setup of dForce dynamic surface properties, intersection with collision items, the number of dForce item esp. with smoothing iterations, even the mesh of dforce items, etc. might also lead to long time of simulation....

So first of all, better leanr how to wisely set up a dForce simulation, unless you really need a better graphic card for multiple purposes...IMHO.

Post edited by crosswind on
  • JamesJames Posts: 891
    edited March 14

I see. Thank you for the info

Btw can dforce utilize multiple GPUS?

Post edited by James on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,793

James said:

I see. Thank you for the info

Btw can dforce utilize multiple GPUS?

AFAIK, it only utilizes one GPU.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,885

I don't think the graphics card contributes a lot to Dforce simulation

when a driver and DAZ studio version issue arised and nobody could use their Nvidia cards for it quite a while back I noticed little difference using OpenCL on my iGPU

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,131

Driver issues for Iray would niot affect dForce, they use different APIs (CUDA vs OpenCL) - geenrally a GPU will be faster than a CPU.

OP, it would probably be a good idea to list your current hardware.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,676

GPU for sure. Going from a 3070TI to a 4090 helped a lot. Dforce is kinda bad though, prone to explosions for some reason. I usually end up simulating in marvelous designer or blender, because it's a lot more stable.