Re-Authenticate Daz studio

Daz studio 4.21.05

on start up it tells me I need to re-authenticate. how do you go about this?

John

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,131

It isn't vital, it was needed only for encrypted Daz Connect content (of which there isn't any now) but if you use Connect>Connect to log into your Daz account (don't update metadata if you don't want an entry for everything you own but don't have installed in the Products list) the prompt will then go away, even when you ar not online, until it sees a change in the system or something deletes or damages its stored authentication.

• goofygrapegoofygrape Posts: 18

Ah, there was a change to my system , computer drive numbers were changed with no help from me.(battery change defected changed the whole stupid thing ) so now what?

• goofygrapegoofygrape Posts: 18

fixed just had to re connect to daz

• simple question, as I'm getting the message after the upgrade.
    Why the heck doesn't the installer check to see if  "connect" is active" 
    Being admondished about something I've never used is a nuisance. 

alan bard newcomer said:

simple question, as I'm getting the message after the upgrade.

It has nothing to do with the installer, it is a log-in from within daz Studio - and it is optional. It isn't an admonition, just an alert.

• alan bard newcomeralan bard newcomer Posts: 2,113
    edited March 15

Richard Haseltine said:

alan bard newcomer said:

simple question, as I'm getting the message after the upgrade.

It has nothing to do with the installer, it is a log-in from within daz Studio - and it is optional. It isn't an admonition, just an alert.

it pops up everytime I start daz... which means it comes (if not from the installer) from the program ... which should be able to check and see if Connect is active within the program.
    And if is dismissed once ... it should note that it is not needed. 
    ---
    But I must admit that apparently the strange colors in the about this video card have disappeared.
    ---
    In the meantime I'm off to see why 422 renders black while the same test scene with one object and a skies of iradiance renders in 412 and 421. 
    but I'll look for that thread
    ---
    thanks for the reply and I did tell it to login, so we'll see if that helps

Post edited by alan bard newcomer on

It has nothing to do with whether Connect is "active" or not. It is just checking whether the system seems to be the same as before (though I don't know which features it checks for that, and of course soemthing may break its stored fingerprint even if the hardware is the same).