Issue while creating tear morph

I am struggling with a strange issue, there is a difference between what I see in Zbrush and what is rendered in Daz. So, I have sculpted a head and transferred topology from base dev Genesis 9 model as well as used the rest of the generic body. Applied it as a morph, works like a charm. Now I am trying to do the same thing with eye tear, which is also a separate object. So I have added a tear from Genesis 9 Essentials, it got parented to my model and then I exported it as obj. Both model and tear imported into zbrush in base resolution. Updated the position of the tear to match an eye and again exported into obj then loaded as a morph in Daz for the tear. Unfortunately tear is positioned wrong in daz, it is a little bit closed and moved about 1/2 inch forward, sticking out of eyes. In Zbrush everything looks great. The same issue happening with brows or hair, like head is in the wrong position initially... but head morph works perfectly fine. Tried googling or searching in YouTube, no luck :( Totally puzzled with this issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,920

So you are working on the morphed shape to correct the tear? Make sure your imported morph has the same name as your figure morph, otherwise DS will not see it as a match and will project its owna ttemptt o match the morph (which will double the effect). It's the name that matters, not the label - click the gear icon on the slider and select Parameter Settings to get the name, then use that for your exported OBJ.

• Thanks for reply! I am doing something wrong, if I am trying to apply a morph with the same name as head morph to the tear, I getting an error regarding duplicated name and a prompt to name it differently. Hmm. So, again just to clarify, - I have loaded a Genesis 9 dev model and applied my head morph to it. It worked. - Added a tear object from Anatomy folder from essentials, and applied my tear morph (from the obj file with the same name as my head morph) to it. Got an error.
  • I am definitely getting a prompt, 'such morph already exists, enter new name'.
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,777

Within Morph Loader Pro, or GoZ Update Options dialog if you use GoZ..., set "Yes" to Reverse Deformations, "Deltas Only" to Overwrite Existing.

• It worked! Thank you so much, friend.
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,777

Yo! NP~yes