A valid PostgreSQL CMS connection could not be established

Hello. I'm a new user to Daz. I'm just following a tutorial  that's supposed to end with Blender, but I'm receiving the following error:

A valid PostgreSQL CMS connection could not be established. Several DAZ Studio features that require a valid PostgreSQL CMS connection, such as context aware content views and loading content installed during the Daz Connect service, will not be available. Check your network, anti-virus, and firewall settings for conflicts

I've been following advice posted here:

https://bugs.daz3d.com/hc/en-us/articles/207812393-PostgreSQL-CMS-Connection-and-no-Smart-Content

However, for step 7, when it says 'Once you have selected the port to assigned Daz Studio to, select “Accept.”' I'm not sure what that means. Am I supposed to be finding the correct port to assign it to somewhere or do I just pick a random port number? I tried picking a random number and I'm running into the same issue.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,896

Any number should be fine, as long as it isn't too low (there are some reserved values, like 80 for HTTP).

• Ok. In my post, I mentioned that I did try entering a random number and it didn't work. But I restarted everything a second time and tried again. It seems to be working now. Thank you.