New to Daz, need help with skin tone

Hello, I recently downloaded daz 4.22 and have basically done the tutorial and now want to create a character of my own.  I attached a copy of what my new character looks like and the skin tone seems off..  I used Kat for Genesis 9 (not that it makes a difference because whatever model I use the tone is the same) and I tried adding a skin (G9 feminine skin 02 MAT).  The result is the same no matter what i do.  Am i doing something wrong or does anyone know what the problem could be? I will continue to look at other discussions .. Thanks for you help ( i attached a file so you can see what i'm talking about)

skin color.jpg
941 x 880 - 205K

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,909

That is the Texture Shaded drawstyle, which isn't very good for showing advanced settings - click the sphere-with-a-swirl to the elft of the big button labelled Perspective View at top-right of the Viewport and select nVidia Iray (or Filament possibly) to get a more accurate rendition, or do a quick render.

• mir789423mir789423 Posts: 0

Thank you it worked, i have much to learn.. 

This is what it looks like now after selecting NVIDIA Iray.. is this right? I'm wondering if i need to buy another computer because i'm looking to make renders that look very realistic.  Or is it just a matter of taking tutorials

skin color2.jpg
    799 x 856 - 67K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,909

A new computer might speed the process up, depending on your current system and how mucgh you put in your scenes, but it won't affect the quality as long as each is given enough time. Taking apart sample scenes, where they are offered, and studying tutorials and walk-throughs (Daz Studio incldues several sets of ready to render scenes as a starting point) and experimenting are the main things.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,480

You can start here if interested in realism;
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/313401/iray-photorealism/p1

It's only 67 pages so far cheeky

Thanks again.. have a good day!