Compatible figures

deeahr2169deeahr2169 Posts: 449

I need to know if i can safely buy some figures and that they can be used by me. The example I have is is a figure that says Monique 7 is required, and also that Genesis 3 is compatible. I dont have any intention of spending money of Moniue 7 but would like to get the figure attached here. I also have other figures where the same issue might apply.

Screenshot 2024-03-13 at 12.35.33.png
1337 x 495 - 501K
Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,666

It is a Genesis 3 character, but it also uses Monique 7 (lalso a Genesis 3 character) morph.

You will be able to use the product withoout Monique 7, but then the character will look differently.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,157
    edited March 13
    She will not look like the promo image if you don't have the required character. When it says that a character is required, it means that this character is a modification of the required character. If you don't have the required shape, the modifications alone won't give the same result on the basic Genesis 3 Female. The materials should work fine, though.
    Post edited by barbult on
  • I purchased Walker HD, and it says that it requires Vladimir 8. The walker HD looks like the picture they show in the promo image.

Not sure if this works for every charecter, but for me it did with this one.

• deeahr2169deeahr2169 Posts: 449

Thats all I wanted to know, thank you...

For my purposes if the character does not look exactly like the store image wont matter, and as long as the mats work then i will be happy and will save a heap on the purchases...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,902
    edited March 13

Moved to Techncial Help as it is a content, rather than a Daz Studio, question.

Bear in mind that Genesis 3 "base" characters often had their own UVs, so if the character uses the Mionique 7 UVs (which would be relatively unusual) the maps won't work.

Edit: I hadn't realised that the attachment did show the full name, it is cropped in the thumbnail. The product page says

This product uses the Genesis 3 Female Base UV Maps

so the UVs would not be an issue.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,169

If you ask in this thread, someone might show you what she looks like without Monique.