NVIDIA MDL Examples shaders

I have [the NVIDIA MDL Example] this set of shaders. I have no idea where they came from, they aren't listed in purchased products, in the general shop (near as I can tell) - nor is therr a file in my folder of stuff I got elsewhere that I installed in my "DAZ installed" folder. They are a total mystery to me. Thing is, until a recent update they worked in Studio. Now they don't. The change the diffuse to plain white and convert the surface to a format I've never seen before. I am wondering if anyone else knows what this is, why it's not working, and if I can fix it.

2nd question. While trying to search through shaders to see if I can find this one somehow I came across a bunch of stuff that is being blocked by a mature filter. I'm 61, I think I can handle a mature image or two. Is there a way to turn that filter off? I cannot for example look at most of the mannequin bundle for G9.

Post edited by wickedprince3d_fd273b40ac on

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,149

2nd question: go to your account page - edit (here's a link) and check the "Show Mature Images" box

Or click on the product with the blocked images, click on one of those images to expand it and it will give you the option to change the filter from there.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,915

The MDL samples come with Daz Studio. Check you have updated the Default Resources package, though I was not aware of any changes to them. Also check the log for errors relating to them (Help>Troubleshooting>View Log File).

• edited March 12

How do I check this and update when it only shows up in my studio shaders list? I tried reinstalling the default resources package; that seems to have helped, but there seems to still be files missing: studded_rubber_bump for instance.

Correction, reinstalling the default resources seems to have done nothing except maybe change the texture shaded view. I'm getting color there; but with iRay view on everything is still white.

Error log shows nothing that seems to relate, just the normal stuff it does for rendering based on looking back over the last couple days.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,915

How about after applying the shaders, rather thana fter rendering?

• edited March 13

I checked the logs over the last couple days, including after trying the shaders several times before that last post. The only notes in the log were the ones from my previous render. Everything I saw was a repetition of what it had logged for the last several renders. I'm going to check my nVidia drivers and see if there might be a new one.

One thing I keep seeing though when I try to use one of the shaders; a knobby rubber surface shader. It says it can't find the bump map. I searched all three drives on my computer completely, there is no such bump map. It says it should be in "/resources/" - where is that?

Update: After updating my nVidia driver and rebooting, for some reason it uninstalled DAZ studio. When I reinstalled luckily it hadn't lost track of my two runtimes or anything. The reinstall + driver update seems to have fixed the issue with the MDL shaders. Sometimes the driver update messes with dForce though, but so far so good.