Problem with Evonne character

Hello, 

I bought the Evonne character and the character appear without hair. Is this normal? Also I try to change lipsticks or to add hair from materials but is not changing at all. 

Am I doing something wrong? Any help it's more than welcome.

Thank you,

C.

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,251

Characters never come with hair (promos add hair, otherwise all would have bald heads). There might be bundles that include a separate hair item, but it will not likely load with the character.

The makeup will only show in Iray Preview or Renders. The texture preview mode can only show basic textures.

• suffo85suffo85 Posts: 154
    edited March 11

costantino.roselli said:

Hello, 

I bought the Evonne character and the character appear without hair. Is this normal? Also I try to change lipsticks or to add hair from materials but is not changing at all. 

Am I doing something wrong? Any help it's more than welcome.

Thank you,

C.

Sadly, North is right.  It was also a source of confusion for me when I first started, and also a bit of disappointment.  When you're shopping on the Daz3d store, be sure to always look over the What's Included and Features section of the item you want to buy, because the only thing the listing is coming with is going to be in there.  If it's not listed there, but shown in the pictures, then it's not included.  But if you like the items in the pictures as well, sometimes at the bottom of the listing there will be a section that displays the hair and clothes used for the photos.

When trying to change lipstick, and other skin related materials, first make sure the the model is selected in the Scene tab.  I would open other windows many times, and not realize the model was not selected when I was trying to apply things.  It will only work when the model is selected.

Changing hair materials will only work if the hair is selected in the scene tab, or if the material you are trying to use is hierarchial.  If it is, it will say H. Materials on the top of the icon, in which case, you can apply it directly to the model and it will apply the material to the hair.  If the hair material does not say H. Material on the icon, remember to apply it directly to the hair instead.

shoppingdaz101.png
    1920 x 1080 - 97K
    Post edited by suffo85 on
  • Thank you both North and suffo! That helps a lot!