options to choose generations or better auto gen converter direct copy for old or new generations

well me can be  done   or me none wants it ,.........but hear an idea autmatic converter model to fit  any gen , me do like small  price to choose gen for new models like new gen 9  but you want that mdel  as gen 1 me  send to daz cloud or somone to then convert it and  then get link when its ready to download  sam can go ask to get like gen 2 raven model and get coppy of that into gen 9  ...

as i said nice gen 9 butthey doint fit gen 8 or gen 8.1 or even gen 3 , this  made worst for the monsters like dragon  humons types ,  ........like all bear clan or bear man  from early ones to new ones or new ones to older models , this why i not spent much at all as  70% of my catalog is of  8.1 or 8 gen of likts of snow beast,or sharkman  or drago or drageken  thats what i use more than normal humons some have no good conveters that direct  copy 

or as said ask for generation choose so if only use gen 1 but you love gen 9 monster  like gen 9 bear  to beable us that into gen 1 then can pay for what you want  gose to somonne that will make it work as direct coppy of what you ask ............. as said the likes of gen 2 raven  man and woman  the converters doint work way i feel shpuld .........or incorprate autmatic converter in daz shop  and sea if buy  as shown thats work , i bought all converters and shape mods the only few that works  the head split to point  still no direct coppy shaped .........if not i feel that if own copys of likes of bear gen 8 then get even cheeper price ungrade as cant use gen 9 bear on gen 8 bear  so me spend more money on somthing i can cros generations from gen 1 to 3 to gen 8 

so online daz converter or somone to look at  the gen 1 or gen 2 humon animals to see if can make direct copy for what ever  you use so be comes univerversal autmatic efore you download i would be ok to wait few days if need be asked for  then get link in my cart me even see if gen 8 will look like gen 2 model 

yes lots of things am looking for  or better autmatic copy converter .........as gen9 bear be nice on like gen 3 or bear world  from morphs to skin textures     

i could list  all i like to stt coppy of  and for what  gen from to gen i whant copy of it ............or  get somone revamp all old stuff into new models  then either a small redoinload  prize not full price of new models are as i already have that model i think mebe 3 or 5 dollors   for upgrade or me as say downgraded gen  ........... 

Comments

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,357
    edited March 19

It's a little unclear (I'm assuming English isn't your first language), but it sounds like you're asking for Daz to provide a service where someone converts assets between figure generations for you.

This is unfortunately impractical for two main reasons:

Firstly, it's not financially viable; any conversion more complicated than (or to a higher standard than) the tools already in DS or on the store can handle would be at a minimum hours of skilled work, and no-one's going to want to pay what that should reasonably cost. Additionally, assets aren't made in any one consistent way, so giving an upfront price wouldn't be practical.

Secondly, for most products, it's not legally viable. Unless the product is marked as a Daz Original (in which case they have purchased the copyright), Daz are only a brokerage for the product and do not have the legal right to modify them for distribution. (Users are granted permission to modify assets for their own use, but not to share those). While Daz can request the original creator make modifications, with an ultimatum that the product gets withdrawn if it's not done, they cannot make them themselves. And when they do make these requests, this is only normally done for problems with the functionality or copyright of the product. As such, providing such a service would require a significant change to the legal agreement with the vendors.

Given the combination of the exorbitant price that would have to be requested for these conversions, and the legal issues, this service is simply not feasible.

Post edited by Matt_Castle on