dForce Companion 2 installation

querzquerz Posts: 0

I purchased the dForce Companion 2 from the Fastgrab Sale, but I don't seem to be able to install it.

Since there doesn't seem to be a way to install it through the Install Manager, I downloaded the executable and executed it, but the plugin doesn't show up in DAZ Studio. There is no option to open the dForce Companion Pane, and under "Help > About Installed Plugins" the plugin doesn't show up.
There is also no matching .dll file in "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins".
I tried running the installer as administrator, but with the same result.

Is there anything else I could try? Or am i even installing it the correct way?

Post edited by querz on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,815

I always suggest install the plugins with DIM. There's an IM package that can be downloaded and installed, in screenshot 1. Can you find it in Ready to Download ? Remember to check Plugin from Filters.

SNAG-2024-3-8-0060.png
    1151 x 1035 - 69K
    SNAG-2024-3-8-0061.png
    602 x 612 - 30K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,337
    edited March 8

Did you get, and allow, the UAC prompt for DIM Helper? Anything that "installs like software" (going to the application folder) will need that. Edit: if it isn't showing up in Install Manager make sure that plug-ins are enabled in the Download Filters, button at top-left of the Ready to Download tab.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • querzquerz Posts: 0

Thank you very much!

As it turns out, I already had "Plugins" enabled in DIM, but the download option showed up after enabling "DAZ Studio 4.5+" (Which was disabled for some reason).
    I assumed that there was no DIM download and I had to download it manually, because on the Order page it doesn't show with a DIM link.

dforce companion 2 downloads.png
    1738 x 743 - 202K