Turn off 'new scene' pop up in 4.22.0.16?

Just started with 4.22.0.16 and i'm kind of annoyed by the 'new scene' pop up, i just need my default scene to load without any fanfare or additional inputs on my part.

Any way to stop this?

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,780

Nope... there's no way to stop it with default application / settings... If you would like, you can try my "New... (Legacy)" script in here - : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8621936/#Comment_8621936

• crosswind said:

Nope... there's no way to stop it with default application / settings... If you would like, you can try my "New... (Legacy)" script in here - : https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8621936/#Comment_8621936

Well (expletive), that stinks. Makes the preferences setting, to load a particular scene on 'new', kind of irrelevant then.

This is really bleeping annoying and intrusive.

At least i don't have to deal with the ads, since my system isn't on the net.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,938

This sample script will give you a menu entry for Open Recent http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/actions/action_menu_submenu/start

The issue is much discussed in the General Release and Beta threads at the top of this forum.

I don't really dislike the new dialogue... just for some reason, there'll be always 10 ~ 15 seconds delay and Viewport freeze after Ctrl + N on my side.

• crosswind said:

I don't really dislike the new dialogue... just for some reason, there'll be always 10 ~ 15 seconds delay and Viewport freeze after Ctrl + N on my side.

I do, it's a productivity stall, and i hate ads. I don't need to see what files i've worked on recently, or some random advert, i just need my basic startup scene to load so i can get on to the next project. At least i just need to thumb the enter key on my numpad to get it to move on to loading the scene. Annoying, but just a minor change to my routine/workflow.

Thankfully i use msorrel's "recent files" plugin to save my scenes, as opposed to the default save function, so it doesn't show any recent files in the popup, which might be part of your problem. More files to display, more time to load the popup.

Also could be the ad box, if your system is connected to the internet.

I'm on a fresh install, on a non-internet connected system, so i'm not getting any kind of delay.

Nope... even if I cleared the recent files, the delay is there. My location is far far away from US, no matter I switch to VPN, connect or disconnect Internet, the delay is always there, like a mojo, hoho ~~

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,162
    I'm in the US with reliable high speed internet. I also experience a multi-second delay after CTRL+N before the window opens. It usually feels like nothing is going to happen, and I think the command was ignored. I can't see how this interface change could be perceived as an improvement.
  • crosswind said:

Nope... even if I cleared the recent files, the delay is there. My location is far far away from US, no matter I switch to VPN, connect or disconnect Internet, the delay is always there, like a mojo, hoho ~~

Might just be another intermittent bug with this release that some will experience and others don't.

• barbult said:

I'm in the US with reliable high speed internet. I also experience a multi-second delay after CTRL+N before the window opens. It usually feels like nothing is going to happen, and I think the command was ignored. I can't see how this interface change could be perceived as an improvement.

I can see how this could be useful to some people. 

Instead of going through the 'open' command, or switching over to the scene directory, just ctrl+n and what you've worked on previously is right there.

The templates and favorites kind of interests me, but i'll need to figure out how those work and if i can integrate them into my workflow.

I'd still like the option not to use it, if i find it to be utterly useless to my workflow.

I have a large scene loaded. I am done with it. I entered Ctrl+N. It took 31 seconds to open the dialog.

barbult said:

I have a large scene loaded. I am done with it. I entered Ctrl+N. It took 31 seconds to open the dialog.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has such an delay issue. It proves that it's not related to my location or internet connection or sth. Thanks for the info. @barbult ! Though I've seen no dealy of such a long time, but I've experienced the worst case for me... with more or less 20 seconds' delay...

Yes, 31 seconds was longer than usual for me. I'd say 10 is more normal, but it sure varies. I don't know why.
  • Richard Haseltine said:

This sample script will give you a menu entry for Open Recent http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/actions/action_menu_submenu/start

The issue is much discussed in the General Release and Beta threads at the top of this forum.

I prefer pontari's "recent files" plugin, it not only gives you a recent files option, but also a progressive save option.

http://www.pontari.com/Products/DazStudio/RecentFiles/

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,938

DrunkMonkeyProductions said:

barbult said:

Instead of going through the 'open' command, or switching over to the scene directory, just ctrl+n and what you've worked on previously is right there.

The templates and favorites kind of interests me, but i'll need to figure out how those work and if i can integrate them into my workflow.

I'd still like the option not to use it, if i find it to be utterly useless to my workflow.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/654951/new-scene-workflow-in-app-notifications-daz-studio-4-21-1-91#latest discusses what it does.

• Richard Haseltine said:

DrunkMonkeyProductions said:

barbult said:

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/654951/new-scene-workflow-in-app-notifications-daz-studio-4-21-1-91#latest discusses what it does.

Thanks richard, just got done reading that.

It's functionally useless for me.

• functionfunction Posts: 274

Well, folks, try this simple script:    Scene.clear();

It just can not turn back the viewport to origin perspective view & angle, else is fine.

• function said:

Well, folks, try this simple script:    Scene.clear();

It just can not turn back the viewport to origin perspective view & angle, else is fine.

For my particular workflow, i just made a custom action to my startup scene and remapped the shortcut(Ctrl+N).

If you want all defaults, just save an empty scene file and do the same.

Pls try my script if you'd like to - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/670361/script-of-new-legacy-for-ds-4-22#latest. It can completely bring the "legacy New..." to you.

Besides, if you also need it for the latest Public Build (4.22.1.123) in which MessageBox function in Daz Script has a glitch... pls use the attached PB version.

zip
    zip
    Legacy NewScene PB.zip