How not to over expose?

JamesJames Posts: 861
edited March 6 in Daz Studio Discussion

When there's a scene, outside is daylight and inside is a darker room.
Now if I want to make the room not under expose, I'll increase the exposure on tonemap.
But the outside will look over expose and loose details.
In a real camera, I think there's somekind of histogram to manage this, so details can be captured outside and inside.
How to do it in daz3d?

Post edited by James on

Comments

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

If you are using an HDRI in the dome then turn the intensity down until the camera setting for indoor allows the view outside to be underexposed. Or use a plane with the background image on it and set it to emit light.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,780

First, I'd prefer to setting a good lighting pattern for the interior rather than holistically changing Exposure value. Second, with a properly-set DOF and Intensity for outside, as Fishtales mentioned, Dome will be also fine with "reasonable details and exposure".

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,938

With a physical camera you would probably take two shots and combine them, though setting an intermediate exposure and then adjusting the tone mapping settings in an editor might give acceptable results (especially with a higher bit depth, which you could get in Iray using a beuaty canvas to generate an .exr file).