mesh grabber not working with a cube with new daz version

mesh grabber not working with a cube with new daz version

when the cube is selected there is not the gizmo to grab an area, the full cube is selected in yellow

is there any info on this?

also does anyone know where the old freebie section is, or they dont have one anymore?

thanks

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,777

No issue on my side with the latest version. Have you checked MG settings on Tool Settings pane?

SNAG-2024-3-3-0003.png
    2560 x 1400 - 309K
  • VicSVicS Posts: 1,204

looksl ike my toold setting is at the same as yours, thanks for the screen shot

i see your  gizmo is in the corner, mine is too on a new file and it will not grab anywhere but the corner which only make the whole surface go down together at once, can put any waves or crevices in the cube-is it the same for you? 

• felisfelis Posts: 3,672

How many divisions does your cube have?

it defaults to one, i put 21 and now it works, good call, thanks

what is the best amount to put in for divisions? before it automatically weorked fine and hedn't had to change the divison number

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,777

VicS said:

looksl ike my toold setting is at the same as yours, thanks for the screen shot

i see your  gizmo is in the corner, mine is too on a new file and it will not grab anywhere but the corner which only make the whole surface go down together at once, can put any waves or crevices in the cube-is it the same for you? 

That depends on what you want to make... MG can at least select a single vertex, edge or polygon... but if you want to make "waves" or sth. like that, you have to necessarily need enough divisions on the primitive.

thanks everyone