Is Bryce great for this?

Hi,

I looked at a lot of images created by Bryce, and watched a few tutorials on YouTube. I think I can use Bryce for this, but I would like to be sure. :)

I would like to create larger scenes (with vegetation), props, few people etc. If I understand correctly, I can make the props, poses for people etc in Daz Studio, and send them over to Bryce for a render there. Bryce will render the landscape, and all props and people. Is this correct?

I can then do any closeups of the characters in Daz Studio, with a scene set up similarly, but independently from Bryce.

Thanks,

Ati

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

The only draw back you will have is if you try to render too many people in one scene, because Bryce is only 32bit, and people, with clothes take up a lot of your resorces, because of the textures involved. Bryce decompresses JPGs back to BMP size in kb, so it is quite easy to run out of memory..  I am not saying it can't be done, but it can be pernickety.

This is one I did a while back, and Bryce struggled but did get there.  My "baddies" have Bryce textures, not jpg textures, although Tarma and Kethry and the warsteeds do have JPG textures.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,107
    Chohole said:

The only draw back you will have is if you try to render too many people in one scene, because Bryce is only 32bit, and people, with clothes take up a lot of your resorces, because of the textures involved. Bryce decompresses JPGs back to BMP size in kb, so it is quite easy to run out of memory..  I am not saying it can't be done, but it can be pernickety.

Thank you, I will keep that in mind. Speaking of memory though... If I have an island, or a hillside, filled with trees, does that fit into the available memory?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 2015

You should be able to instance the trees,  which will help.    We can talk you through it.

Edited to add,  I think this one has over a hundred trees and plants as well as the animals and other stuff.

Post edited by Chohole on
    Chohole said:

You should be able to instance the trees,  which will help.    We can talk you through it.

That sounds awesome, thank you! This will only happen next year, as I won't be near a 3d-capable computer during the holidays. I'm mentally getting ready for the new year. :)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

You can make Bryce large address aware which will help as well.  I just started using Bryce a couple of days ago and its really fantastic for landscapes.  And from what I can see lots of other stuff.  Between Daz and Bryce I can see some unlimited possibilities.  and Bryce is actually very intuitive once you understand where everything is.  LOTS of good, easy to follow tutorials on youtube by David and Horo.

I still have today on a decent PC, so I went ahead and got Bryce to see if it can handle what I want... :)

I'm impressed. I didn't go all the way until it crashed because it was still using only 400 megs of memory when I had around 22.000 trees in the scene, that's over 130 million polygons.

I was only using a flat surface for the test, but I think it'll do nicely! :) I don't think I'll ever need that many trees in a scene... :)