Transfer Utility error

bluelight specialbluelight special Posts: 29
edited March 3 in Daz Studio Discussion

[Transfer Utility is] It's causing the clothing OBJ to rise up after the transfer, even after playing with all of the "Current" and "Default" settings for both the Source and the Target. I even used it on older characters that were previously successful. Something appears to be broken in both Daz Studion 4.22.0.15 and .16.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,780

So the clothing was made on a non Base figure and, with Transfer Utility, you chose "Current" from Source - Item Shape and ticked "Reverse Source Shape from Target", but the rigging result was still wrong ?

• bluelight specialbluelight special Posts: 29
    edited March 3

Yeah. After some testing, it only seems to be effecting my custom Genesis 9 figures.

Post edited by bluelight special on
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,237
    edited March 3

bluelight special said:

Yeah. After some testing, it only seems to be effecting my custom Genesis 9 figures.

yes, that's why they said to reverse source shape from target... 

Post edited by lilweep on
  • I know to click the Reverse. On both the Transfer Utility and for a Morph Target. I thought I'd be clever and just load a morph target of the pre-rigged OBJ, and that worked. Until i moved the model. 

bluelight special said:

I know to click the Reverse. On both the Transfer Utility and for a Morph Target. I thought I'd be clever and just load a morph target of the pre-rigged OBJ, and that worked. Until i moved the model. 

Make sure your transformations are baked before doing Transfer utility. (I.e., make sure your clothing transformation parameters are at X,Y,Z = 0,0,0)

If it's not at zero, you need to export and reimport the clothing.

• The problem was Geografts. Had to Unfit them, Transfer Utility, and then Fit them back again.

Thanks for the responses.

if you say so