Help, Daz3d Genesis 8 Model splits into different mesh parts when exported from mixamo to blender

Hi i am new to daz3d and blender. ive been stuck for several days now and cant find a solution.

I export the genesis figure as OBJ from daz3d. when imported into blender, the mesh body parts are all combined as one which is what im trying to achieve by uploading to mixamo and then export as fbx into blender, however,

after exporting the daz3d character from mixamo to blender, the body mesh splits up into all the different parts and leaves visible gaps and i cant get to combine the the body parts as one to fill the gaps as when i try in edit mode and select all and 'f' it makes the mesh look very bady and also indivdualy selecting the dges and pressing 'f' has similar bad results, and sculpting dont seem to work in filling in the gaps.

is there any solution to this, like for example all the body parts are seperate mesh in daz3d initially and mixamo exports the fbx just like how the daz3d mesh parts are made up...

im trying to get the mixamo animations on the daz3d character in blender... but the gaps in the body parts after changing skin color is visible and doesnt look good.

image 1 and 2 is how the body parts are sperate mesh in daz3d, image 3 is how the model looks after exporting from mixamo fbx into blender, image 4 is after changing material it has all these visible gaps, and image 5 is what it looks like after filling in the gaps in edit mode....

im trying to get a model with no gaps like the image 6, which is how it is whenexported as an obj from daz3d and imported into blender without the mixamo animations.

thank you.

Screenshot 2024-03-02 194201.png
1920 x 1013 - 970K
Screenshot 2024-03-02 194151.png
1920 x 1010 - 965K
Screenshot 2024-03-02 194002.png
1920 x 964 - 1M
Screenshot 2024-03-02 193851.png
1898 x 959 - 1M
Screenshot 2024-03-02 193914.png
1916 x 944 - 1M
Screenshot 2024-03-02 194232.png
1920 x 964 - 1M
Post edited by altairbihan on

Comments

• altairbihanaltairbihan Posts: 0

image 1 and 2 is how the body parts are sperate mesh in daz3d, image 3 is how the model looks after exporting from mixamo fbx into blender, image 4 is after changing material it has all these visible gaps, and image 5 is what it looks like after filling in the gaps in edit mode....

im trying to get a model with no gaps like the image 6, which is how it is whenexported as an obj from daz3d and imported into blender without the mixamo animations.

thank you 

• NinefoldNinefold Posts: 256

It looks like Mixamo is splitting your character by groups when it exports. The object isn't actually separate meshes in DAZ Studio; parts of it are just assigned to different named groups, and Mixamo is separating them into mesh islands.

I'm sure someone much more familiar with Mixamo than I am will come along soon with more detailed advice, but the first thing I would suggest you try is scrutinizing your Mixamo import and export settings to see if there's some sort of "split by mesh groups" setting that you've missed, and turning that off if you spot one.

Blender being Blender, the quickest and dirtiest solution would be to just throw a weld modifier on this character and fiddle with the distance dial, if necessary.

• altairbihanaltairbihan Posts: 0

thank you so much Ninefold you are a genius, your advice of the 'weld' modifier joint all the gaps nicely.

thanks, your advice is much appreciated!!

Screenshot 2024-03-02 222546.png
    1920 x 979 - 1M
  • NinefoldNinefold Posts: 256

You're welcome, glad it helped!