Heat Plugin

Does anyone know how to use the heat plugin? I have downloaded it and installed it. Put a Genesis 9 figure in the scene. Opened up heat from parameters and kept getting told to install the plugin which is already installed! I cannot get ant animations to work! Cheers

Comments

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 485

csteell_c2893e4ab6 said:

Does anyone know how to use the heat plugin? I have downloaded it and installed it. Put a Genesis 9 figure in the scene. Opened up heat from parameters and kept getting told to install the plugin which is already installed! I cannot get ant animations to work! Cheers

I have to manually launch the Bridge application file.  You can see my full comments at https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/676146/having-problems-connecting-heat-to-daz#latest

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,225

I've gotten it to work. If you open up the HEAT pane in DS, and have the HEAT bridge open and logged in, you should see "HEAT Bridge is connected" in the HEAT pane. I thought it wasn't working at first, because I tried to import several animations and nothing happened, but there was just some weird delay and ten or so different import dialogues opened up all at once. After I cleared those out, I could hit import in the HEAT bridge and it would send it straight over to DS.

• deepred6502deepred6502 Posts: 297
    edited March 2

Mine worked first time lucky. Does anyone know if the 'v's in the titles refer to "version" or "Victoria"?

HEAT list.jpg
    610 x 254 - 72K
    Post edited by deepred6502 on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,234

deepred6502 said:

Mine worked first time lucky. Does anyone know if the 'v's in the titles refer to "version" or "Victoria"?

When we can see the entire collection, the "V" stands for the "Version" of that particular animation name. ;)

• I must be doing something wrong! The Heat Plugin is showing ticked and green in plugins under the help! When I open the heat animations on the heat pain it keeps telling me I am not connected and to download heat! Am I supposed to have a 32-bit program of DAZ Studio installed as well? 

• Well that's a rubbish installer and installation tutorial. have done everything to get this installed and its still saying not connected, and yes im signed up too. tried putting it in the DazStudio\DazStudio 64bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins folder and the DazStudio\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins but nothing...PLEASE daz do a better guide to this.

• edited March 3

csteell_c2893e4ab6 said:

I must be doing something wrong! The Heat Plugin is showing ticked and green in plugins under the help! When I open the heat animations on the heat pain it keeps telling me I am not connected and to download heat! Am I supposed to have a 32-bit program of DAZ Studio installed as well? 

Having the same issue, you wont need it in the 32bit program, there probably is nothing in that folder anyway. Tbh when the Daz installer installed this it should have installed the damned plugins, not make us do the leg work, basically a rubbish installer.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • JhudJhud Posts: 30

Well I get the connected, but the Heat box that come up keeps telling me to log in or select a plan. I selected the free plan when I installed the darn thing.  This is really a waste of my time.

• kprkpr Posts: 53

I get the bridge and install plugin

I grab an "animation" (a set of keyframes imported into Daz?)... I grab more (and more) - blend and edit the keyfranes etc - maybe mix them with non-HEAT animations? ... setup the daz cameras, lighting and eventually have a fully animated scene.

I render scene and (some time later! ...) make an mp4 and upload to [insert video platform]

The platform does ad-based revenue share with uploaders

Is a "Commercial License" for HEAT required (yes, I have read the HEAT T&Cs and license pages and blah blah)?

Possibly/Probably @dartanbeck!  ;)

edited March 3

So, it appears that the Heat Bridge has to be manually started outside of Daz Studio.  OK, I can deal with that.  However, the Heat Bridge is annoying in that it sits atop everything else on the screen.  A second monitor is a must if you plan to stay with HEAT.

I have the Free subscription which promises 25 free animations but when I log in, I only have 10 free animations.  Does anyone else have access to 25 free animations with just a Free subscription level.?  Or, does one have to subscribe to see the 25 free animations?  I realize that the DA3D code can be applied to get the Mover subscription (1000+ animations) free for two months.

heat_free.jpg
    337 x 499 - 35K
    Post edited by jjoyner on
  • I give up! I cannot get this thing showing up! Is anyone patient enough to give me a step by step tutorial on how to get this thing working? Cheers

• I worked it out! I extracted the Heat file from where I downloaded it and hit install. I was able to load a figure a Heat was connected in the Heat Tab. I then selected a pose and it downloaded and it added the pose to my figure. The animation was in the timeline. The only problem now is knowing which poses are for which figure as it does not state that! Cheers

• jcowb1jcowb1 Posts: 56

Hi everyone, I have ordered the plug in twice, but it doesn't show up in DIM to download any suggestins please.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

jcowb1 said:

Hi everyone, I have ordered the plug in twice, but it doesn't show up in DIM to download any suggestins please.

Do you have plugins enabled in the DIM downlod filters?

edited March 4

You need to install the small Heat file in your Product Library. This makes the Heat Animations pane available in Daz Studio.  For the actual bridge, you also need to download the Heat zip file from Heat, unzip it, and run the Heat Bridge executable file.  The first part of the video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbyheHfqHP4) explains this.

Heat-DAZ3D.jpg
    1270 x 763 - 153K
    Post edited by jjoyner on
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 4,793

@jjoyner Thank you !  A question : then each time I have to click that executable bridge to open the HEAT window ? So what's the HEAT plugin pane for... just for installing a bridge ?

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,908

My antivirus went crazy as soon as I installed the bridge. surprise

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,537

Imago said:

My antivirus went crazy as soon as I installed the bridge. surprise

I think my browsers did the same when opening the Heat pages. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,883
    edited March 4

I haven't even bothered looking at it yet devil

I mean I am glad DAZ is catering for those who do animations but it's just a tad too rich for my budget and too lazy to go to the hassle to grab the apparent 10 free motions.

I will just buy motions from DAZ PAs instead when I can afford them, still far cheaper than a subscription dearer than Maya Lite or Adobe creative suite would be.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Hi, I have read the insrtuctions, watched the video but still can't get this to work.

I have created an account with heat. Every time when I try to log in, It just keeps showing SIGN IN. No matter how many times I try to sign in it never does. See image, this is as far as I can get.

What am I doing wrong?

Heat Image.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 297K
  • Still can't get to the damned thing to connect, installed this soooo many times and via the methods above, but it wont connect, think i will give up on this as a lost cause, so very glad i didn't pay for this.

crosswind said:

@jjoyner Thank you !  A question : then each time I have to click that executable bridge to open the HEAT window ? So what's the HEAT plugin pane for... just for installing a bridge ?

• A question : then each time I have to click that executable bridge to open the HEAT window ?

Yes, that's been my experience since installing Heat.

• So what's the HEAT plugin pane for... just for installing a bridge ?

I’ve been trying to figure that out myself.  So, a little while ago, I launched Heat Bridge and Daz Studio (4.21.0.5) but did not open the Heat Animations pane.  I was able to import a Heat animation onto a Genesis 8 figure.  So, it seems that the Heat Animation pane serves no real purpose.  Maybe the Heat/Daz collaboration will get better with time.  Or not …   :(

bdell_53_4baf2b3d9b said:

Hi, I have read the insrtuctions, watched the video but still can't get this to work.

I have created an account with heat. Every time when I try to log in, It just keeps showing SIGN IN. No matter how many times I try to sign in it never does. See image, this is as far as I can get.

What am I doing wrong?

I’m not having a problem logging in to the Heat Bridge.  With Daz Studio closed, are you able to launch Heat Bridge and log in?

It seems as though issues may be caused by the operating system one is running, perhaps the version of Daz Studio that one is running, and/or other variables.  The Heat/Daz Studio collaboration was a good idea but it seems that implementation has left a lot lacking.    :(

• jjoyner said:

bdell_53_4baf2b3d9b said:

Hi, I have read the insrtuctions, watched the video but still can't get this to work.

What am I doing wrong?

I’m not having a problem logging in to the Heat Bridge.  With Daz Studio closed, are you able to launch Heat Bridge and log in?

It seems as though issues may be caused by the operating system one is running, perhaps the version of Daz Studio that one is running, and/or other variables.  The Heat/Daz Studio collaboration was a good idea but it seems that implementation has left a lot lacking.    :(

I can lauch Heat Bridge even when Daz is closed, but can not log in. I can't log in when Daz is open either. I watched their video again, but no luck. This is becoming a real pain. I'm done with this, what a headache.

The Heat Animation Plugin (For Windows) for Daz Studio

is a simple interface that allows the user to connect directly to the HEAT Bridge (See Full Instructions Below).

For a limited time only, HEAT is offering 2 months of free access to their 1,000+ animation library for the Daz Community: Claim Here. The offer ends on March 31st, 2024.

HEAT Bridge is a stand-alone software that allows you to apply any animations to Genesis 8 or Genesis 9 characters. 

Users can also upload their motion capture data(XSens, Rokoko, Move.ai, and more) which can be easily applied to your character in the Daz Studio Scene

• Heat Bridge must be running to import animations

INSTRUCTIONS:

• For quick sign up go to Heat.tech

• Download the free tool from the Daz marketplace

• Download the HEAT Bridge then sign up / Log in

• Select the software you are using (Daz Studio)

• Make sure HEAT bridge is running, and you have a Gen 8 or 9 character in your scene

• Select the animation you want to apply to your character 

• Then click the import button. You may need to expand the timeline frames to match the total frames of the animation. You can see this by looking at the #/# underneath the animation play bar on the HEAT bridge.

Learn more on our blog: https://blog.daz3d.com/heat-plug-in/

Hope this helps anyone having trouble. If you follow it word for word from start to finish, everything just works. The "Login" is for the HEAT bridge that we install from the HEAT site - not the DS plugin, which connects the bridge to Daz Studio. Logging into the bridge is the same as logging into the HEAT site. If you haven't created a free account, do that so you can log into your HEAT bridge, which is an application that must be running to use the service. It is what we use to pick our animations for our characters with.

edited March 5

Also note:

When you click on Claim Here, the page has a code in the middle tier subscription plan which will grant it for $0.00

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • brainmuffinbrainmuffin Posts: 1,153

shedofjoy_a0bca15db4 said:

Well that's a rubbish installer and installation tutorial. have done everything to get this installed and its still saying not connected, and yes im signed up too. tried putting it in the DazStudio\DazStudio 64bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins folder and the DazStudio\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins but nothing...PLEASE daz do a better guide to this.

It's pretty much rubbish in Blender too. I'm starting to see a pattern with HEAT.
  • Heat Bridge Install / Import Tips:

1. Install the Heat Plugin as you would any other Daz Studio Plugin.

2. You can Install Heat Bridge using the installer and allow it to install to the default folder which is---> C:\Program Files (x86)\HEATBridge. (You don't need to install or move any "Heat Bridge" files to the Daz Studio directory.)

3. Tried to Import Heat Animations but Error messages popped up? Launch the Heat Bridge---> Sign in to your account ---> Possible missing step---> If you have not already created a "Collection", do so before importing animations onto your figure in Daz Studio.The Import function only worked from my collection page (ymmv). Also make sure to have a G8 or G9 Figure selected in DS.

4. If you don't want the Heat plugin to be "ON TOP" of Daz Studio then go to the top menu in Daz Studio select "Window"--> "Always on Top". Now DAZ Studio can be the top window which can be toggled on and off as needed.

Hope this helps someone along the way.

• SirRonmitSirRonmit Posts: 7

Yeah took me a bit to realize it was a separate program outside DAZ (thus the BRIDGE TO- item).

My only gripe is (and I'm only using aniMATE LITE) if you load a HEAT animation to your character (g8/g8.1/g9 ONLY), those animations move your character to the 0.0.0 postion. Even if I move my character back to where they were, rotate them to how that were, and start animation, HEAT moves my character back to the 0.0.0 postion again.

Do I need to purchase aniMATE2? Otherwise, HEAT isn't worth it to me as I'd have to manually edit each frame again. I do have Blender, but it seems to have become so overly combersome, that it isn't user friendly enough for me to want to learn it.

Am I doing something incorrectly from HEAT to DAZ? If I want my character to be at 1000.0.0 and rotated 45*, I want the animation to run from that starting point.