Having Problems Connecting HEAT to Daz...

I have downloaded HEAT and I got it on my Daz Windows (Pane), but it tells me that it is not connected.  I have reread the instructions how to do it, and watched the video several times on here how to do it, but I don't know what I am missing.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,960
    edited March 1

So you have the daz Studio plug-in and the connector application installed and set up (did you check Help>About Installed Plug-ins in Daz Studio to be sure its plug-in is working correctly)?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 538
    edited March 3

I downloaded and installed the HEAT plugin and bridge earlier this afternoon.  Like @threespa02, when I open the pane for HEAT, Daz Studio does not indicate that the bridge is connected as it indicates that it will automatically do in the video (time 0:54).  I can find the HEAT application that was installed and launch it manually and then the bridge is connected.  I'm trying to determine what is needed in order to have the bridge open automatically as it does in the video.

UPDATE:  The HEAT installation file installed the HEAT bridge files to C:\Program Files (x86)\HEATBridge).  I would have thought that since Daz Studio is a 64-bit program, the installation should have been to C:\Program Files\HEATBridge.  So I ran the install file again and changed the install path to C:\Program Files.  Still, the bridge does not open automatically when I open the Heat Animations pane in Daz Studio.  Only if I manually launch the bridge file is the bridge connection established.

UPDATE 2: 

So, it appears that the Heat Bridge has to be manually started outside of Daz Studio.  OK, I can deal with that.  However, the Heat Bridge is annoying in that it sits atop everything else on the screen.  A second monitor is a must if you plan to stay with HEAT.

I have the Free subscription which promises 25 free animations but when I log in, I only have 10 free animations.  Does anyone else have access to 25 free animations with just a Free subscription level.?  Or, does one have to subscribe to see the 25 free animations?  I realize that the DA3D code can be applied to get the Mover subscription (1000+ animations) free for two months.

heat_free.jpg
    337 x 499 - 35K
    Post edited by jjoyner on
  • alexbamperalexbamper Posts: 1
    edited March 2

Hi! thanks for updating! But on my computer heat bridge itself is not launching properly. It's started, daz3d writes green letters, but the picture in bridge window  all white and totally freezing after. I checked your version of the fix, but the status is the same.

Post edited by alexbamper on
  • enchantee790enchantee790 Posts: 47

Morning guys,

I seem to be getting the error 0xc0000005 when running the Heat plugin

It's installed and everything but will not launch

I've done the old AV turned off, but still the same, also trie dinstalling it on another drive 

Still using Win 7 64 bit

thanks

heath.PNG
    494 x 171 - 27K
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,959

enchantee790 said:

Morning guys,

I've done the old AV turned off, but still the same, also trie dinstalling it on another drive 

Still using Win 7 64 bit

thanks

That seems to be the same issue I had (before I uninstalled it all), and I, also, am running WIn 7, so I suspect it will not run in that environemnt 

• SimonJM said:

enchantee790 said:

Morning guys,

Still using Win 7 64 bit

thanks

That seems to be the same issue I had (before I uninstalled it all), and I, also, am running WIn 7, so I suspect it will not run in that environemnt 

ah, I though so too. Doesnt really say anything about compatibility though on the site.

Cheers for answering :)