Daz crashing after latest update

I was having some problems with Daz crashing before the update (i.e. computer crashing during renders of larger scenes) and I thought the update might help.  But its gotten worse.  

I have nothing else open and it's a relatively small (6 MB) scene (2 G9s in a small apartment with very few props).  Now it's crashed twice before even getting halfway rendered at fairly minimum settings (see image).

I also updated my drivers for my NVidia card (GeForce RTX 3080).  (Also on Win 11)

Any suggestions?

Screenshot 2024-02-29 181452.png
598 x 1225 - 240K

Comments

• By the way, it's not just Daz crashing... it's causing my whole computer to shut down and restart.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933

That sounds like a drver or hardware issue - possibly triggered by something DS is doing (e.g. the hard work of rendering could trigger a temperature-related issue).

• Richard Haseltine said:

That sounds like a drver or hardware issue - possibly triggered by something DS is doing (e.g. the hard work of rendering could trigger a temperature-related issue).

Sounds very much like a video card overheat. I had a similar issue a number of years bac (unrelated to Daz) but whenever I tried to do anything that would even slightly stress the video card, it would crash the pc. Possibly the fans on your vid card have failed?

• I have a feeling that may be the problem.  I rolled back the drivers and that helped a little, but my PC is still crashing when I try a significant render.

• Install some software so you can see the temperatures, or you can just run task manager performance tab and it will show GPU temperature, do some renders and keep an eye on the temperature, maybe a fan has gone bad.

• Well I checked the fans and they seem okay, but the screen filter on the bottom of my tower was filthy!  So I cleaned it, did a little de-dusting inside the tower, and raised the tower a few inches higher than it was to help with the air flow beneath.

So far, so good!  No crashes!  I'll give it a few days and try the new drivers after that to see if they help or hurt.

Thanks for all the suggestions!