Female Genesis 8 translucent/white skin bug on Iray

Magic Dragon 3DMagic Dragon 3D Posts: 98

Hello! I'm working on some The Last Of Us renders with Joel and Tess in Daz3D, and unfortunately I'm running into some issues with wet texture for hands and fingers that I used on Tess. The wet texture is part of a product called "Juicy Wet Cameltoe For Genesis 8 And 3 Females" by Eroticalist purchased on Renderotica, and after applying the texture, Tess's body becomes translucent with only her arms in white when I activate the Iray preview

Strangely this visual bug does not occur in the Texture Shaded preview, which leads me to believe that some wet texture asset that I'm currently using could be causing this problem.

I currently use Ultimate Skin Moisture (G8F) for private parts, but I set these textures to only affect the genitalia, so that the wet texture would not be applied to the entire body. All my assets activated on my scene:

I've already tried to delete the wet texture of the hand, reset the pose, remove facial expressions, and many other things, but without success in removing this visual bug in the Iray preview. I messed around with the Hands Wet Texture Shell to change where the wet texture would be applied (I chose to only affect the hands and fingers), but still to no solution! Could anyone tell me how I can resolve this?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• From your screenshot of the scene it looks, that your character has three geoshells applied.
    For each of these you may want to check the following:

1. Select the geo shell
    2. Open the Parameters tab
    3. Open the Shell sub group and open Visibility → Surfaces
    4. Switch off the parts you don't want
  • markusmatern said:

From your screenshot of the scene it looks, that your character has three geoshells applied.
    For each of these you may want to check the following:

1. Select the geo shell
    2. Open the Parameters tab
    3. Open the Shell sub group and open Visibility → Surfaces
    4. Switch off the parts you don't want

I followed the steps you mentioned, but it seems to have no effect as the character still has white and translucent skin. Should I do this procedure on the Geo Shell with wet hands or on all the Geo Shells I have?

• markusmaternmarkusmatern Posts: 522
    As I said above, you should check all of them. At least the visible ones.
  • markusmatern said:

As I said above, you should check all of them. At least the visible ones.

I turned off all Geo shells parts I currently have and it had no effect, as well as turning on all parts of all Geo shells as a test. Unfortunately, I don't think there is a good solution for that visual bug, so the best I can do is delete my Tess with all her geo shells and redo everything again.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,775

Looks to me that there's something going on in the translucent and (maybe) emissive properties of the character's skin. Those wouldn't necessarily show in the texture shaded view, but would show in iray. Is it possible you applied a material preset intended for one of the geoshells to the character herself?

You're probably right to start again, apply each product in turn, and see where it's going wrong.