Urban Survivors for G2M/F is crashing DS

lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 594
edited February 29 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have a problem. I want to use the Urban Survivors set but any attempt to load the hoodie, pants or vest of either sex causes an immediate crash...with not even a fatal error message. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Would I be better off deleting the whole package?  I'm using DS 4.21.0.5.

Post edited by lorraineopua on

Comments

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

My suspicion is that it has to do wih the TIF files that it uses for height maps. Normally, though, the TIF crash happens on render, not on load.

The only thing I can suggest at this point is going into the /Runtime/Textures/Luthbel/UrbanSurvivors/ directory, rename the Height.tif files to something like height.tif.bak so that Studio can't find them, and then try to reload. You will get error messages where Studio complains about not being able to find the files, but just click Skip and let it go on. If it loads without any other problem, then that was the issue. Otherwise ... I'm not sure why that would be happening.

For what it's worth, I'm also running 4.21.0.5, and I have Urban Survivors. I can load it just fine; however, for me, Studio actually does crash on render, which makes me think that the issue really is the TIF files.

• vwrangler said:

My suspicion is that it has to do wih the TIF files that it uses for height maps. Normally, though, the TIF crash happens on render, not on load.

The only thing I can suggest at this point is going into the /Runtime/Textures/Luthbel/UrbanSurvivors/ directory, rename the Height.tif files to something like height.tif.bak so that Studio can't find them, and then try to reload. You will get error messages where Studio complains about not being able to find the files, but just click Skip and let it go on. If it loads without any other problem, then that was the issue. Otherwise ... I'm not sure why that would be happening.

For what it's worth, I'm also running 4.21.0.5, and I have Urban Survivors. I can load it just fine; however, for me, Studio actually does crash on render, which makes me think that the issue really is the TIF files.

You were right! As soon as the tif files were unavailable, the item loaded. Weird thing but...the tanktop, cap and belt all have a height map and they load and render like they should. I thought maybe it wasn't used it so I renamed them and it bleated when I loaded them. I'm going to fit them to G8F/M without the tif files and save them like that. I'll redo the mats too, changing them to Iray and biffing the tif. DS is certainly a persnickety program. Thanks so much for your help.

• @vwrangler And here is G8M kitted out :)

urban survivor.png
    800 x 800 - 266K
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Glad to see it worked!