4.22.0.16 'categorize' function shows empty window

Hello Everyone -

Just did the 4.22.0.16 update, and after doing so, the 'categorize' function no longer displays any tree in any view. The window that pops up is totally blank...Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, postgreSQL is reporting an 'invalid' installation. I do not know how to address this either.

Best,

Dru

Comments

• If PostgreSQL is having problems that would explain the category list issue. Have you tried reisntaling PostgreSQL? Have you tried changing the Content Cluster location (Edit>Preferences for Windows, Daz Studio>Preferences for mac, then go to CMS Settings) - if a restart of DS after chnaging the location clears the error then it may well be a database issue, one thing to check is that there is space on the drive used.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,933
    edited February 28

One thing that can cause this during a session (it should not persist) is closing an appliation that uses PostgreSQL and immediately opening another -  the close signal from closing the first application may keep the system busy so that it cannot process the start request from the second be processed after the start from the other.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Richard - You are a lifesaver and a genius!!! My categories are back and everything appears to be working perfectly!!!

Changing the content cluster location did the trick - and I have NO idea how it got changed. I didn't even know that option existed, nor did I know how to address it til now!!!

All the best,

Dru

• If you have everything back that sounds more like the stop/start issue - changing the Content Cluster was a temporary measure as a test, it would have left you with an empty database but a successful start would have shown that the issue was in the database not the code.

• Hmmm, this sounds like something to do with cms starting? I have not gotten the 'cannot find a valid...' whatever warning it was that showed up before I tried your suggestion. Just as a comment, I don't use smart content or whatever. Daz is just hideously confusing and all over the place for me - I suffered an anoxic brain injury during a heart attack several years ago, and since then anything convoluted in any way is a nightmare for me to do with. It's hard to explain in detail what is going wrong from time to time, and I sincerely appreciate your patience with me. You truly have been more helpful than you may realize.

All the best,

Dru