how do I make texture maps for the parts of this old robot model, "ED1410 Robot"

I purchased "ED1410 Robot" many years ago when I was using Poser. I am using Daz Studio now.
The model is still great, in my opinion, but I can't find a way to make textures for it's vatious parts.
The old UVmapper program didn't help.

If someone who owns the model could make a UV map for it, and template diagrams, and load them into the Frebbie section of either Daz or Renderosity that would a great help for fans of, "ED1410 Robot."

I would especially like a texture map template for the head of Ed.

If this can be done quickly in Blender that would another option for me. But then nohing can be done quickly in Blender, Hah.

Thanks

ED1410 Robot a.jpg
700 x 700 - 140K

Comments

• NinefoldNinefold Posts: 256

Is the problem that this figure hasn't been UV unwrapped, or just that you don't have texture templates? If it's the latter, you can make templates yourself by selecting "UV View" from the camera selection dropdown in DAZ Studio, then selecting each material zone (or a combination of material zones, with Ctrl+click. For example, if you were doing this to Genesis 9 you would want to select the fingernails and toenails zones at the same time, because they're designed to fit together) and screenshotting the template.