Recent issue with autofitting G1 gloves to G2 (Caused by newer versions of Daz)

Vertigo789Vertigo789 Posts: 74

I loaded up an old scene, and noticed that the gloves that were autofitted to the Genesis 2 character were looking strangely warped. Seems it's caused by adjusting the chest depth of the character. This particular scene was done in 2021, so I'm curious what might have broken the autofitting.

EDIT: Seems this is caused by more recent versions of Daz. I reinstalled 4.12, which is what I was using at the time, and the issue doesn't occur. Think this might also be related to an issue I had with some old G1 characters having their hair morph off their heads, again due to the chest depth. So this has been broken since at least 4.16, since I used both that and the latest version of Daz and encountered this problem. Sure would be nice if Daz would allow us to rollback to older versions via the install manager or something instead of having to hold onto the old installers.

1.png
137 x 82 - 21K
2.png
163 x 102 - 28K
3.png
1483 x 816 - 567K
4.png
1553 x 821 - 601K
Post edited by Vertigo789 on

Comments

• I'm not sure if it would cause this, or if it is ne since 2021, but there is now a Fit Mode in Paramaters which cotrnols how the fitted item follows the base - you might try toggling that to its other mode and see if the distortion goes away.

• Switching from redirect transforms to auto follow transforms doesn't fix it.

1.png
    883 x 572 - 249K
    2.png
    756 x 626 - 268K