Has Paul Arrived?

I haven't upgraded to Poser 11 yet, does anyone know if Paul has been released for download yet?  Pauline has been gettting rave reviews.  At  least the native Poser people come with a decent wardrobe out of the box usually.

Comments

• jpb06tjpb06t Posts: 272

Not yet. When that will happen it will certainly extensively discussed on RuntimeDNA.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,609

Paul has arrived, he was in a content updater.

He comes with a baseball shirt, short sleeved dress shirt, undershirt, shorts, slacks, shoes with built in socks and four different pairs of glasses.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,930

he also has crazy shoulders when seen from the back

• Paul arrived and for some reason Smith Micro doesn't seem to want to even talk about him........  I would have throught the company would herald the trumpets when they release a new character but oddly that has not been the case.    

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447

Paul arrived and for some reason Smith Micro doesn't seem to want to even talk about him........  I would have throught the company would herald the trumpets when they release a new character but oddly that has not been the case.    

Doesn't surprise me.  I just updated/downloaded (both content and the program), and I've been mucking around with him.

Even though I've only been working with him for a short while, I will say that it's fortunate that the content update was free; because I sure as hell wouldn't pay retail for him.  His overall build is a bit, well, 'Jeder Mann', in that he looks kind of flabby: not as much tone and definition as, say James (the male Poser figure I tend to use most -- when I use Poser figures at all, that is).  The parted-side hair that comes with him renders nicely, and the default skin texture looks pretty good; but you practically have to crank the Superfly settings to the extreme to get it to look good.  Which means render times tend to go through the stratosphere!

All in all, my first impression of Pauls is..., 'Meh!'

Then again, after Michael 7, maybe I've become a bit jaded.