applying aniblocs to gen 9 models doesnt work?

Hi i am attempting to apply the default aniblocs like walk cycles to gen 9 characters but none of them work. there is no issue with gen 8 and below. I have graphkey and keymate installed. i thought new daz4.22 had upgraded animate lite to animate2? any ways of sorting this? see image of attempted application of any anibloc for gen 9 models. 

Screen Shot 2024-02-24 at 7.09.42 pm.png
1008 x 1126 - 479K

Comments

• Poses, including AniBlocks, hae a list of rotations for each bone on a figure. If the bones, by name or placement within the hierarchy (the hip bone connects to the leg bones and so on), do not match between figure and pose the the pose won't work - here you are getting a few changes, where the figure the AniBlock was made for and Genesis 9 have matching names, but most of the data is not being used. It would be a chore, but if you have the full AniMate 2 (available for the first thirty days after installing daz Studio, then it switches to Lite mode unless you purchase a license) you could bake the AniBlock to the Timeline, covnert it to Genesis 9, and bake a new AniBlock.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,764
    edited February 24

but none of them work. there is no issue with gen 8 and below.

Genesis 8 aniblocks will not work with  genesis 9 AFAIK 
    You need  buy Genesis 9 specific aniblocks from the Daz store due to the Different rigging of Genesis 9 .
    https://www.daz3d.com/expressions-and-face-aniblocks-for-genesis-9

However it is possible to use the 2,400 FREE animations on Mixamo.com with Genesis 9

Screen Shot 2024-02-24 at 1.04.54 PM.png
    1474 x 890 - 328K
    Post edited by wolf359 on
  •        Hi, there's also a GREAT free pose converter that can convert animation including aniblocks. You have to save the animation as a pose preset first ( saving all the frames ), after converting, bake it to the DS timeline and then in Animate 2 "create aniblock from studio keys". You could just make another pose preset ( of the converted animation ) rather than use Animate 2. 'Have used this succesfully for G9 many tiimes, I've even converted aniblocks made for V4! Since they function about the same, I load them in G1, save as a pose preset, later when the script asks what figure the animation is for, put in G1, and it works, only taking a few seconds to process. One of the best freebies ever! / peace

Genesis 1/2/3/8/9 pose preset conversion scripts for Genesis 3/8/9. (Updated 2023-04-28) Created by :  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/profile/1803419/n_alexandru