What is this weirdness with my Universal Tool?

See screenshot. I was working on building a character as a scene subset, and ended up having to use the Geometry Editor to tidy up some hair strands I couldn't fit under the hat.

But when I went back to the Universal Tool, at first the gizmo that sits at the character's feet was missing, and these "rotation axis things" are now embedded in the character's body? I managed to get the gizmo back by loading a different scene subset, then reloading the one I was working on after that, but I have no idea what tool or whatever is causing this or how to get it to go away. I have the Universal Tool selected.

Thank you.

Viewport.png
1440 x 2560 - 700K

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,441
    It looks like you have a D-Former selected.
  • pctech4nypctech4ny Posts: 182

Is it possibly the SY Hat & Hair Helper I was using to help with the hair under the hat in addition to the the Geometry Tool? It's still present in the scene, although I have toggled the visibility off for the screenshot I included. First time I ever used it.

I did not see any of this until I zoomed back out, as I was working close to the charcter's head. Seems to do no harm, although the vanishing gizmo had me worried until I manged to get it back.