FaceTransfer 2 vs Headshop 2024

Xeni88Xeni88 Posts: 12

I am not sure which one is better. It seems like Headshop2024 has some obvious advantages but I am still on the fence over which one I should go with. I am still using G8 figures extensively but in terms of which software creates better morphs, that I am not so sure. They both are expensive softwares, so which one do you think is better? (I am more interested in creating realistic character morphs that works great out of box and needs little tweaking. Textures are not that important for me). Anyone used either of these, care to share your thoughts? 

Post edited by Xeni88 on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,900

I don't use any such product myself, but Face Transfer 2 is the only product of its kind I've seen that produces results I would even describe as usable.

• Both are good programs.  In a head-to-head comparison, though, I give the nod to HeadShop2024.

FaceTransfer has a serious problem with the side profile. My opinion is that the resulting morph looks like an alien for G8 heads.  G9 - from my tinkering with the trial version, is a bit better.  In either case, you'd also need Face Transfer Shapes (3rd Party program) to flesh out the Face Transfer G8 profile.

In that sense, HeadShop2024 provides a overall better shape on the G8 model. Also, Headshop2024 allows you to create the morph without creating a corresponding texture.

Attached is a quick comparison of the two.  I used a mugshot off the Internet and created the head morphs in both Face Transfer and Headshop2024.  Since textures aren't the issue here, I used the default G8F base materials (Iray).  There is no "post morph creation" tweaks done.

Hope this helps.

Felix

DDG-1525 G8F.jpg
    2550 x 3300 - 484K
  • Xeni88Xeni88 Posts: 12
    FelixFFDS said:

Both are good programs.  In a head-to-head comparison, though, I give the nod to HeadShop2024.

FaceTransfer has a serious problem with the side profile. My opinion is that the resulting morph looks like an alien for G8 heads.  G9 - from my tinkering with the trial version, is a bit better.  In either case, you'd also need Face Transfer Shapes (3rd Party program) to flesh out the Face Transfer G8 profile.

In that sense, HeadShop2024 provides a overall better shape on the G8 model. Also, Headshop2024 allows you to create the morph without creating a corresponding texture.

Attached is a quick comparison of the two.  I used a mugshot off the Internet and created the head morphs in both Face Transfer and Headshop2024.  Since textures aren't the issue here, I used the default G8F base materials (Iray).  There is no "post morph creation" tweaks done.

Hope this helps.

Felix

Thank you for the detailed comparison. I think you confirmed my instincts. You're right. Headshop does seems like a better choice overall outbox for morphs creation. Now I guess I've wait until it goes sale, lol. (Here's hoping that March madness sale delivers)