[SOLVED] How to import GoldenRules.obj (Golden Rules Composition Helpers for Bryce)

phBaumardphBaumard Posts: 11

Hello,

I installed Bryce's product but nothing works. I don't see anything in Content Library. The Readme file is not clear enough for me. I created a Golden Rules directory under Camera Presets, then placed the file there. Then launched it as Import but it does not recognize the .obp extension. How to make this product working ?
Thank you.

Post edited by phBaumard on

Comments

• The Content Library is in daz Studio, and the folder name sounds like Daz Strudio too - Bryce is a different application, geared towards landscape creation, with its own content.

• phBaumardphBaumard Posts: 11
    edited February 19

Richard Haseltine said:

The Content Library is in daz Studio, and the folder name sounds like Daz Strudio too - Bryce is a different application, geared towards landscape creation, with its own content.

I purchased the Golden Rules Composition Helpers for Bryce product. For the moment I am not interested in landscapes. I want to use fibonacci, grid screen... to correctly place my characters. According to the readme file I have to place the GoldenRules.OBP file in this location:

[4] GoldenRules.obp (must be copied to Bryce\Presets\Objects)

But from what root??? Below DAZ Studio Formats or May DAZ 3D Library?

I have a screenshot from YouTube which worked. But everything I do doesn't work. 

All my DAZ Studio is on disk F: not C:

Capture d'écran 2024-02-19 164402.png
    589 x 1038 - 81K
    Capture d'écran 2024-02-19 165557.png
    1208 x 463 - 232K
    Capture d'écran 2024-02-19 170440.png
    1087 x 702 - 401K
  • I found something interesting in this link :

https://sharecg.com/v/67783/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Golden-Rules-Camera-Prop-v1

I'll let you know if it works.

• QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 911

Canary3D made this set of cameras a while back. I use them for almost every render. The guides are parented to the cameras and you can hide or show whichever one you want in the Scene panel. They're extremely handy.

Canary's Composition Helpers

• phbaumard said:

Richard Haseltine said:

The Content Library is in daz Studio, and the folder name sounds like Daz Strudio too - Bryce is a different application, geared towards landscape creation, with its own content.

I purchased the Golden Rules Composition Helpers for Bryce product. For the moment I am not interested in landscapes. I want to use fibonacci, grid screen... to correctly place my characters. According to the readme file I have to place the GoldenRules.OBP file in this location:

[4] GoldenRules.obp (must be copied to Bryce\Presets\Objects)

But from what root??? Below DAZ Studio Formats or May DAZ 3D Library?

I have a screenshot from YouTube which worked. But everything I do doesn't work. 

All my DAZ Studio is on disk F: not C:

You need to ask for a refund (Sales Support ticket) as that is purely for Bryce, it will not do anything useful in Daz Studio.

• Richard Haseltine said:

You need to ask for a refund (Sales Support ticket) as that is purely for Bryce, it will not do anything useful in Daz Studio.

Luckily it was free !

• phBaumardphBaumard Posts: 11
    edited February 20

Quixotry said:

Canary3D made this set of cameras a while back. I use them for almost every render. The guides are parented to the cameras and you can hide or show whichever one you want in the Scene panel. They're extremely handy.

Canary's Composition Helpers

OOOOHHHH! Very very good !
    Thanks Quixotry.

• QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 911

You're welcome. They've become indispensible to me. Canary3D did such a good job with them.